TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: BRA1734107
CITY OF YORK COUNCIL
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that City of York Council (the Council), on the 28th day of May 2020 City of York Council (the Council), in exercise of powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (the Act) made an Order, in respect of each of the locations.
H) MISCELLANEOUS EVENTS. YORK To avoid danger or the likelihood of danger arising to persons or other traffic using the roads referred to in this Notice by imposing traffic restrictions on roads and lengths of roads in the District of York, during periods associated with an event taking place at an off-road location. The restrictions will not apply to emergency vehicles in an emergency and will have the effect of, in respect of the following locations and events:
THE KNAVESMIRE AREA. YORK (YORK RACECOURSE EVENTS)
1. prohibiting vehicles, except local buses and pedal cycles, from proceeding:
(a) in Albemarle Road, Curzon Terrace, Kensington Street, Knavesmire Crescent, Lome Street, Montague Street, Trafalgar Street, Scarcrofl Hill, Telford Terrace and those back lanes giving access to properties on the north side of Campleshon Road,
(b) into and from Queen Victoria Street between its junction with Knavesmire Road and Knavesmire Crescent,
(c) in that length of Top Lane, Copmanthorpe subject to a 40mph speed limit between its junction with the A64 east-bound carriageway exit slip road to York West and the commencement of the 30mph speed limit on approach to Copmanthorpe village;
2. prohibiting pedestrians from proceeding in Scarcroft Hill, Telford Terrace and Knavesmire Crescent between Campleshon Road and Queen Victoria Street;
3. prohibiting vehicles from proceeding in: (a) Racecourse Road,
jb) Knavesmire Road, in that length to the south west of the Herdsman's Cottage extending along the north bound traffic lane to a point Smetres south from the Racecourse 'A' Car Park entrance, except those proceeding to and from that Car Park,
(c) Albemarle Road, between its junction with The Mount and a point 10 metres south of Telford Terrace;
4. prohibiting vehicles from proceeding in other than a:
(a) westerly direction in Campleshon Road between its junctions with Albemarle Road and Knavesmire Road,
(b) north westerly direction in Knavesmire Road except that this prohibition will not apply to a vehicle proceeding to or from Racecourse 'A' Car Park as described at paragraph 3(b);
5. prohibiting the following vehicular movements:
(a) left hand and right hand turns from Mount Vale/Tadcaster Road into Knavesmire Road except vehicles proceeding to the Racecourse 'A' Car Park and entering Knavesmire Road in that length to the south west of the Herdsman's Cottage,
(b) left hand turns from the Council Depot/Cafe Forecourt entrance (adjacent to Knavesmire Road) into Knavesmire Road,
(c) right hand turns from Racecourse 'A' Car Park entrance into Knavesmire Road
(d) right hand turns from Sim Balk Lane into Tadcaster Road;
6. prohibiting vehicles from proceeding in other than a:
(a) south westerly direction (towards Copmanthorpe) except pedal cycles, and in other than a
(b) north easterly direction (towards the City) except local buses and pedal cycles
in that length of Top Lane subject to a 40mph speed limit between its junction with the A64 east-bound carriageway exit slip road to York West and the commencement of the 30mph speed limit on approach to Copmanthorpe village;
7. prohibiting waiting on both sides of:
(a) Bishopthorpe Road between its junctions with Campleshon Road and Church Lane (Bishopthorpe),
(b) Church Lane, Bishopthorpe,
(c) Sim Balk Lane (Bishopthorpe), between its junctions with Church Lane and its junction with the service road to Middlethorpe Grange;
(d) Albemarle Road, Curzon Terrace, Kensington Street, Lome Street, Montague Street and Trafalgar Street for 20 metres from their respective junctions with Campleshon Road,
(e) Campleshon Road, Knavesmire Avenue, Knavesmire Road, Lichfield Court, Racecourse Road and,
(f) Queen Victoria Street - length to west of Albemarle Road,
(g) Albemarle Road between its junctions with The Mount and Queen Victoria Street,
(h) Knavesmire Crescent between its junctions with Queen Victoria Street, Knavesmire Avenue and Campleshon Road,
(i) Acaster Lane, Bishopthorpe, between its junction with Main Street and the southern property boundary line of No. 2 Acaster Lane;
8. prohibiting pedestrians and vehicles, when a horse race is in progress, from proceeding in those lengths of Green Lane between the safety rails bounding the width of the horse racing circuit;
9. suspending the contra flow cycle lane in Leeman Road between its junctions with Station Road and Station Rise to allow Race Day shuttle buses to wait without causing major disruption to local buses and coaches waiting at their usual stop/stand.
ESPLANADE. YORK (DRAGON BOAT RACE RIVER OUSE1 prohibiting vehicles from proceeding in that length of riverside highway of Esplanade between a point 15 metres south east from Scarborough Bridge and its junction with Tanner's Moat. No requirement for an alternative route. The prohibition does not apply to pedal cycles being pushed.
UPPER POPPLETON (GREAT YORKSHIRE SHOW AT HARROGATE) prohibiting vehicles from waiting on both sides of:
1. Black Dike Lane, from its junction with Station Road south west for 15 metres,
2. Long Ridge Lane, from its junction with Station Road north east for 30 metres,
3. Station Road, between its junction with the York-Harrogate (A59) road and a point 15 metres north west from its junction with Black Dike Lane.
UPPER POPPLETON (SPORTS DAY> prohibiting vehicles from proceeding in lengths of:
1. Hodgson Lane, from its junction with The Green south west for 110 metres,
2. Main Street, from its junction with The Green north for 50 metres,
3. The Green/Station Road, between its junctions with Black Dike Lane and Hodgson Lane.
This Order comes into effect on the 30th day of May 2020 and ends on the 31st day of October 2021. Temporary traffic signs and barriers will indicate the extent of restrictions being imposed on any day or during any period by virtue of this Order
(21 KNAVESMIRE. YORK
This Order prohibit pedestrians and vehicles from proceeding in:
(a) Green Lane Footpath No. 46/26,
(b) York Footpath No. 46/30
to the extent that the said footpaths extend across the width of the Knavesmire Racecourse except that this prohibition will not apply to a pedestrian or vehicle proceeding other than during a period when a horse race is in progress. This is to ensure the safety of users.
Manned barriers will indicate the extent of the prohibition at the respective locations. The Order will come into effect on the 30th day of May 2020 and end on the 31 st day of October 2020.
The above temporary Orders will not prohibit works or emergency access nor will they prohibit access to premises provided that access is not prevented by on-going works or safety concerns. Traffic signs/barriers will indicate the extent of the prohibitions/restrictions.
29th May 2020 Director of Economy and Place
West Offices, Station Rise, York, Y01 6GA