CITY of York Hockey Club’s Men I let slip a two-goal lead as they lost 4-2 at North League division one leaders Leeds II.

This second away defeat in a row means they have fallen another place to fifth. They are now seven points behind the table-toppers, and three off a promotion spot.

City started the game at a ferocious speed, going a goal ahead through an Alex Cockram effort from a short corner before the hosts had even touched the ball.

Leeds continued to struggle with City’s direct attacking style of play, with the forward line of Cockram, Jack Purrington and Tom Feasby all creating chances.

Ten minutes into the game, Jack Fletcher doubled the visitors’ lead, finishing off a lovely move in emphatic style.

City looked comfortable, but made a number of technical errors to allow Leeds back into the game – twice they turned over possession in their defensive third, and twice Leeds scored.

Before the break, City conceded two short corners that were both put away, and went into half-time two goals down.

The visitors regained composure in the second half and continued to open up the Leeds backline, again creating chances through Feasby, Cockram and man-of-the-match Oliver Couttie, but could not find any more goals.

City of York II maintained their perfect home record in the Yorkshire League premier division, winning 3-2 against Sheffield University Bankers III.

Pat Herriot opened the scoring for City, but Sheffield equalised from a short corner and went a goal ahead before half time.

Herriot’s second after the break levelled matters again, and City regained the lead through Ben Mould’s short corner routine.

City of York III are second bottom in division one following their 3-1 loss at Slazengers.

City of York IV claimed their first win of the division three season edging derby rivals Acomb I 3-2 thanks to a late winner.

Hosts York took the lead with their first attack, Matt Connell – normally a midfielder, but playing as a striker – scoring from inside the ‘D’.

Joe Lancaster had a volley denied by a great save, but soon after played Hamish Broadbent in to score City’s second.

Acomb came into the game towards the end of the first half, pressing the defence, but keeper Brian Ignjatovic’s saves kept the visitors at bay, and they had two goals disallowed as well.

However, the Tangerines struck first in the second period through Carrick Blacker and got the equaliser soon after as Dave Richardson’s effort was deflected in.

City were reduced to 10 men as man-of-the-match Tendai Kalima was green-carded, but they saw out the two-minute sin-bin period and, with a full complement, got the winner in the dying minutes through James Walker.

It came after Richardson had missed the chance to win it for Acomb as the ball struck his leg.

City of York V went joint-top of division three with a 3-1 win over high-flying Worksop.

The side had to be revised due to injuries, and a frustrating first period ended 0-0 as the team gelled. But Matthew Todd opened the scoring in the second half with a deflected strike from the right of the ‘D’, but Worksop levelled with a good team goal.

As City picked up, man-of-the-match Alex Herriot sent a long pass down the right for Chris Dutton to collect and slot in at the near post. Dutton got his second to wrap up the points, firing in at the near post after a Pete Richardson pass.