AN EARLY own goal and a late rocket of a shot was enough for visitors Glossop North End to again beat Tadcaster Albion in the Buildbase FA Trophy.

The Hillmen were fortunate to find the net inside ten minutes in this preliminary-round tie as Chris Baguley’s fierce cross was flicked on and ricocheted off Josh Barrett, leaving keeper Greg Hartley with no chance.

There was no element of doubt about the scorer of the second goal though as Baguley arrowed an effort in from distance for a 2-0 win.

Taddy will feel aggrieved with the result, however, after passing up a number of good chances while limiting their opponents to only a handful of efforts.

Michael Morton made just one change to the team that drew at Droylsden as Laurence Hunter came in at left back for his debut.

The Brewers, looking for their first win in the competition, almost got off to a perfect start inside 30 seconds as Tom Corner set Aiden Savory away down the right and he was extremely close to picking out an unmarked Conor Sellars.

It was a fast start from Tad, but it was the Hillmen who opened the scoring in the sixth minute.

A corner found it’s way back out to Baguley on the right wing, and his devilishly dangerous delivery across the face of goal was flicked on and unfortunately turned in by Barrett from close range.

In Barrett’s defence, there was nothing he could have done about it as the flick-on bounced straight off his body into the net.

Taddy almost responded immediately but were denied by the woodwork.

Josh Greening’s inswinging free-kick was headed onto the frame of the goal by Savory, and Andy Milne couldn’t turn in the rebound.

Following the goal, the visitors seemed to click quickly into second gear as they had a decent 15-minute spell. However, they weren’t carving Albion open.

There wasn’t a great deal of opportunity for either side in the first half, but Taddy were furious with the officials with the break approaching when Savory was flagged for offside after a flick-on by Corner.

The Brewers started the second half like they did the first as Greening’s deep, right-footed cross was met by Corner at the back post but the striker couldn’t generate enough power on the header to beat Russell Saunders.

Taddy were in charge as the game passed the hour as Saunders was tested again following a lovely passing move.

Hunter won the header, and Sellars squared it to Greening, and he picked out Savory, whose powerful strike was well saved.

The home side were creating all the opportunities, and two minutes later they went close again when Milne was pipped by a defender just as he was about to pull the trigger.

Taddy started to up the tempo with 15 minutes to go, and Corner and Hunter both saw their efforts well blocked, but Glossop sealed the win eight minutes from time.

After a mini-game of head tennis, Baguley rifled a low shot in off the post from 24 yards out.