WIGGINTON Grasshoppers continue to set the pace in the York Minster Engineering League premier division following their 6-2 home win over F1 Racing.

They sit three points clear of Dunnington, who are in turn a point ahead of Huntington Rovers and Old Malton St Mary's.

F1 started the brighter at Wigginton but were left rueing a couple of good missed chances.

However, when Tom Derbyshire cleared Alex Martin's effort off the line, the tide of the game began to turn, and just before the half-hour a fantastic diving header from Matt Tiplady put Wigginton into the lead.

Ten minutes later, the advantage was doubled, with Pat Evans outpacing F1's back line before slotting the ball through the keeper's legs.

Evans then turned provider on the stroke of half-time, crossing from the left for the onrushing Jamie Willstrop to fire home.

F1 didn't give up, however, and kept threatening the Grasshoppers' goal but again it was the home side who made the most of their chances early in the second half.

Evans added his second, and Wiggy's fourth, before Luke Addison produced a delightful chip from 20 yards to make it 5-0.

Chris Dempsey reduced the deficit by one before Willstrop completed his brace from close range.

Jona Giordano fired home following a good move from the visitors, but, despite much late pressure, they could make no further inroads.

Dunnington produced a convincing performance at Copmanthorpe, emerging 3-0 winners. They were marshalled brilliantly by captain Josh Tattersall, who also notched the opening goal.

John Heads then added a magnificent second with a shot from the halfway line before Kieran O'Brien's whipped free-kick rounded off the scoring, leaving the Copmanthorpe keeper with little chance.

A nine-goal thriller at Malton & Norton finally went the way of Huntington Rovers after a tense encounter.

Josh Whaite sent the visiting side in front early on but Chris Rhodes levelled shortly afterwards.

Two clinical penalties from Tom Metcalfe either side of half-time made it 3-1 to Rovers before Chris Dyson increased their lead further.

Malton & Norton were far from finished though and rallied to hit three quickfire goals, courtesy of Rhodes, Liam Preston and Dean Nuttall, to level the scores.

However, their efforts were in vain as James Edmond's decisive late strike secured a 5-4 win for the away side.

Old Malton St Mary's continued their impressive recent run, defeating Osbaldwick 2-0. Sporting Knavesmire were excellent in defeating Hemingbrough United 6-1.

George Wilson, Andrew Simpson and Tom Owen all helped themselves to braces for the home side, with Guy May bagging the consolation.

Poppleton United gained their first win of the season as goals from Reece Holmes, Will Edmond and Matthew Malkin gave them a 3-0 home triumph over York RI.