SECOND-half goals from Chris Howarth, Aiden Savory and Tom Corner helped Tadcaster Albion overturn a 2-0 deficit to beat Colne 3-2 in the Evo-Stik League premier division at the i2i Stadium.

Lawrance Hunter and Alex Curran gave the Lancastrians a decent lead before the Brewers scored three times in 14 minutes.

All of them found the top right-hand corner but each was different – Howarth's was a toe-punt, Savory's a header and Corner's a cleverly curled effort – as the comeback delighted the majority of the 254 fans.

Albion manager Michael Morton made just one change to the side that played out a goalless draw with Mossley in midweek.

Danny Frost picked up a hamstring injury in that game, so Conor Sellars stepped in.

In a fairly quiet start, although the Brewers were in control, Savory tested Matthew Green's handling before Cam Murray came incredibly close to netting his first goal for the club.

The former Scarborough man dropped his shoulder in the box and shrugged off his man but side-footed agonisingly wide in the 25th minute.

Howarth also came close after seeing his header tipped over before Savory's fierce strike was pushed clear by Green.

With Taddy starting to turn the screw, they were dealt a blow as Colne broke the deadlock six minutes from the break.

Hunter's inswinging corner was difficult to deal with and Louis Jones could only help it into the back of the net.

The Brewers carried on where they left off, however, and almost hit straight back.

Josh Greening threaded a lovely through ball to Sellars but his low drive was kept out by Green from close range, with Savory blazing over from the rebound.

Albion continued to test Colne at the start of the second half, but again Steve Cunningham's side took their chance, pouncing on a loose ball to extend their lead.

Curran was released down the inside right-hand channel and with, Jones rushing off his line, he just helped it past the keeper.

This was the cue for a spirited fightback from Tadcaster, however.

Howarth, in his new role in central midfield, was having an excellent game and got the ball rolling, netting his first goal for the club.

Sellars' free-kick was tipped onto the woodwork before the ball was recycled and Howarth unconventionally toe-poked the ball into the top corner.

This got the crowd going, and it was 2-2 in the 76th minute as Aaron Hardy's lofted cross was powerfully headed into the back of the net by top scorer Savory – his sixth of the season.

And the crucial fifth goal came just three minutes later.

Sellars intelligently pulled the ball back to Corner on the edge of the box, and he effortlessly curled it into the far top corner.

The Lancastrians threw the kitchen sink into the six minutes of stoppage time but Albion stayed strong and saw out the victory.