SENIOR Cup holders Malt Shovel hammered fellow Selby side Brayton 8-1 in the first round of this year's The Fastpack Ltd York Sunday Morning League competition.

Two newly promoted sides faced off, with Bramham beating Hambleton 4-3 after extra time. It was 2-2 after 90 minutes.

Josh Wilson (2), Simon Dale and Anthony Walsh scored for Bramham. Galen Hill, Nathan Parker and an own goal found the net for Hambleton.

Bubwith won 4-1 at NUR - all the goals coming in the first half. Jason Crisp (2), Colien Vause and Jordan Leyburn were Bubwith’s marksmen, Danny Cotton replying.

In the Junior Cup, Acomb Club won a close game at Burnholme 4-3, having led 2-1 at the break. Alex Day (2), Oliver Murray and Darren Smith scored for Acomb Club, Roy Page (2) and Danny Phillips responding.

Atlanta won 5-4 after extra time in a thriller at Clockhouse.

Bradley Walters hit a hat-trick for the hosts, Harry Junior also on target as the tie ended 4-4 after 90 minutes. James Ford (2), Dom Creamer (2) and Matty Andrews bagged for Atlanta.

New boys FC Harrogate beat Wentworth 6-2 after extra time.

Connor Holroyd (2), Callum Sanpher (2), Callum Johnson and Kai Shand scored for Harrogate. Dan Mullen and Dom Green netted for Wentworth as the 90 minutes finished 2-2.

K Town had another bad week, crashing 10-2 to Haxby United. Harry Moorcroft (3), George Rhodes (2), Billy Lindsell (2), Arthur Bird, Mike Fell and Dave Fell scored for Haxby. Stewart Leitch and Ollie Holdsworth replied for K Town.

Meanwhile, there was a crazy action-packed game in division one, with an outrageous goal and three penalties - two missed - as Wigginton Grasshoppers came from behind to win 5-3 at Selby Olympia.

Selby took an early lead with a bullet header but Harry Clapham headed in an leveller less than a minute later.

A defensive error saw Selby go 2-1 up and Adrian Kistel made it 3-1 when lobbing the goalkeeper from 70 yards.

The Wigginton stopper atoned for that error by saving a penalty just before half-time.

Wiggy then found their feet, with Michael Clancy scoring a penalty before heading in an equaliser.

Selby were then awarded two penalties but one missed the target and the keeper saved the second.

Clapham then won the game with two more goals to complete a hat-trick.

Hounds enjoyed a convincing 9-1 victory over Bishopthorpe CFC.

Sam Cable and Issac Leach bagged hat tricks, and Leon Wood, Tom Collins and Chris Jackson also netted. Ben Thompson grabbed Bishopthorpe’s consolation.

In division two, Thorpe United edged Walnut Tree 2-1 with goals by Kieran Dinsdale and Jake Wild. Steve Smith replied.