FASTPACK Ltd York Sunday Morning League side Bishopthorpe travelled to the interestingly-named Drop Trou Boxershorts for their North Riding County Cup clash.

And a high-scoring encounter eventually saw Bishopthorpe take the victory 8-4, and proceed to the next round.

In division one, league leaders York Nomads Society kept up their 100 per cent start by beating newly-promoted Hambleton.

The game finished 8-2 to Nomads, with Andy Simpson scoring a hat-trick, Sam Ripley-Kitson bagging a brace and Matty Mulhearn, Chris Bilton and Ryan Gothard adding the others.

Hambleton had a man sent off in the first half for a double yellow card offence – Nathan Parker slotted home from the penalty spot and Kane Snelson also scored for Hambleton.

Hounds kept up their winning start by beating Wigginton Grasshoppers. The score was 1-1 at half-time but it was Hounds who roared to victory in the second half, winning 3-2.

Tom Collins scored two and Shaun Heselwood added the other for the Hounds. Tom Derbyshire and Josh Luckhurst were on target for Grasshoppers.

Malt Shovel hosted Selby Olympia, and eventually claimed a 6-3 victory.

Derry Robson scored two, while Gary Collier, Harry Brigham, James Arnold and Tommy Butterfield also netted for Malt Shovel. A Tom Lazenby brace and Robert Frair finish provided Malt Shovel's goals.

Bramham won again and are having a fine start to the season after being promoted last term.

They travelled to Brayton and came away with a 6-2 win, Anthony Walsh bagging a hat-trick with Tom Wilson, Tom Dickinson and Danny Bass also scoring. Joe Krygsman and Daniel Smith notched Brayton’s goals.

In division two, Atlanta made it five wins from five with a 2-1 triumph over the Clockhouse.

Liam Edmondson scored in the first half and substitute James Ford added Atlanta’s second. Player-manager Nick Horne came off the bench in the second half to score Clockhouse’s solitary goal.

Walnut Tree beat Kings Head 8-1, with four goals from Thomas Johnson and braces from Mike Whiteley and Matt Walters. Andy Kealty netted Kings Head’s only goal, in the first half.

A second-half comeback saw FC Harrogate pinch a point when playing Acomb Club.

A first-half hat-trick from Acomb’s Alex Day put his side 3-1 ahead at half-time but two further goals from FC Harrogate in the second half saw the game finish 3-3. Luke Middleton notched two and Tom Lancashire completed Harrogate’s scoring.

Haxby United hosted White Horse. The game finished 8-2 to Haxby with braces from Dave Fell, Arthur Bird, Harry Moorcroft and Tom Kilvington. Chris Johnson and Kevin Howlett scored White Horse’s goals.

K Town United hosted Wentworth and it was the York-based side who came away with three points and an 8-0 win.

Dan Mullen, Dom Green and Peter Baird all bagged two goals each while Diego Perdisci and Chris Golding added to Wentworth’s tally.

Rawcliffe United hosted Burnholme, taking an 5-3 win. Adam Curley and Nathan Lister both scored braces and Aaron Newman added to Rawcliffe’s total.

Roy Page, Danny Phillips and Bailey Simpson claimed Burnholme’s goals.

A close encounter between Thorpe United and York Medics saw Medics edge it and take three points by winning 2-1. Greg Chambers and Matthew Fortnam fired home the two important goals for Medics, meaning Adam Blades' second-half finish for Thorpe wasn’t enough.