YORK under-11 Schoolboys extended their undefeated league run to a tenth game following a 3-0 home victory over East Riding.

Ronnie Kelly, Liam Mainprize and Adam Clarkson were the marksmen with the scoring starting on eight minutes.

The opening goal came from the penalty spot after Kelly was pulled down before converting calmly.

As York’s back three of Ben Myers, Paul Iggulden and Ryan Evans all put in outstanding displays to thwart the visitors, Fraser Clarke was only denied a goal at the other end by an outstanding piece of goalkeeping.

But, on 42 minutes, the Minstermites doubled their advantage when Mainprize found Jamie Hudson out wide and ran on to his return cross to volley in from eight yards.

Clarkson made victory certain with his head from a corner.

York U13 Schoolboys were 6-2 friendly victors over visitors Sunderland with Will Hollings hitting a hat-trick, Lewis Humphreys bagging a brace and Taylor Bell also on target.

Hollings tested the keeper from distance early on and was then on hand to rifle in from a tight angle after a fumble by the away net-minder

Sunderland equalised from a close-range shot that left Toby Warren helpless and, although Ben Thornton and Eliott Heath continued to cause problems up front while Jackson Cowl was putting in a good defensive shift, the north-east outfit forged 2-1 in front.

In response, York pair Oliver Kilvington and Harry Tinker drove the team on from midfield and, following a through ball from the former, Bell levelled from inside the box.

Centre-back Ben Pearson was subsequently thrown forward into an attacking role and caused immediate problems with his speed and determination.

Shortly afterwards, Humphreys latched on to an Elliot Rayner pass to make it 3-2 and, within minutes, Hollings grabbed his second of the game,

Dan Tingle and Joe Roughley were having fine games at the back to rule out any Sunderland comeback and Hollings completed his hat-trick with a first-time shot from outside the area.

The scoring was completed when Ben Hudson, playing up front for the last few minutes, set up Humphreys.

York U14 Schoolboys shared the spoils in a 0-0 draw against Harrogate & Craven.

The visitors survived an early scare when Luke Jones shot narrowly wide.

It took until the 52nd minute, though, for the game’s first strike on target, which was comfortably saved by York’s Joseph Hodge.

A sliding Ben Fawcett also cleared off the line before Hodge was required to pull off a great stop.

As York countered, Liam White shot wide and Fawcett went close with his head following a free kick from industrious man-of-the-match Ben Calam.

In the dying minutes, Fawcett also dragged off target from 15 yards.