YORK Schoolboys Under-13s fought out a six goal draw with Huddersfield in their first game back after an eight week lay-off.

Ben Rhodes and Ben Heath made their debuts for the Minstermites and York took the lead in the third minute as Connor Teale charged down the right wing, drove into the box and hit a sweet shot over the advancing goalkeeper.

York were 2-0 up inside 20 minutes as Heath put Luke Jones through on goal and he calmly slotted the ball into the bottom right corner.

Huddersfield attacked from the kick-off and, from a corner, York failed to clear their lines and it was 2-1 in the 23rd minute. It was Huddersfield's turn to dominate but York’s defence of Rhodes, Alfie Evans, Jacob Caringella and Leo Jones stood resolute until the break.

Huddersfield's pressure continued after the restart and it paid off when they equalised in the 56th minute.

York produced the best move of the game from the kick-off - a passage of play started and finished by Heath. He steered the ball to the right of the Huddersfield keeper after Jones, Elliot Oliver, Rhodes and Teale had all been involved.

York had chances to increase their lead but Huddersfield pushed players forward and, after latching on to a through ball, they bundled the ball through the defence and calmly finished with less than five minutes to play.

York U12s got back into action with a 4-0 win over a Huddersfield side including a number of academy players.

Defence had the upper hand early on and it took until the half hour for Taylor Bell to beat two defenders and cut the ball back for Lewis Humphreys to open the scoring with a low shot from inside the box.

A through ball from Will Hollings then cut the visitors' defence open for Elliot Heath to run on to. The striker coolly put away the opportunity for York's second goal of the game.

They looked to drive home their advantage and Hollings hit the net after Harry Tinker found him on the edge of the box.

The Minstermites were running the Terriers ragged and they scored the fourth when Tinker laid off the ball for Humphreys to claim his second. They finished the game on the front foot and trying to create more chances.

York U11s played some exciting football in a 5-2 victory over Huddersfield.

Tom Algar ran the game from central midfield with a fantastic array of passing and strong combative defensive work and earned the man of the match award.

Harrison Cain led the line up front for York in impressive fashion and netted four goals.

The pick of them saw a fabulous run down the left hand side from Owen Dunckley, where he skipped past the Huddersfield defender then delivered a magnificent cross to the back post to Ellis Cattaneo.

He unselfishly laid off the ball to Harrison, who dispatched his effort into the back of the net.

York’s right-back Mathew Dawes scored the fifth and final goal.