TADCASTER Albion moved back to the top of the Northern Counties East League premier division with a 4-1 home win over Garforth Town.

The Brewers immediately bounced back from their 8-1 mauling at Brighouse with a superb Ings Lane display.

The hosts had to recover from a first minute Garforth goal by CJ Lyle, but Jamie Williamson equalised only five minutes later.

Danny Critchlow edged Albion in front on 35 minutes and Terry Taylor made it 3-1 a minute before the interval.

Striker Carl Stewart rounded off the scoring with his 24th goal of the campaign four minutes from time.

Rivals Barton Town Old Boys are two points adrift of Albion with two games in hand following the postponement of their trip to Glasshoughton.

Joe Danby scored his 25th goal of the season as Pickering Town beat Retford United 2-1 at Mill Lane.

Danby netted on 27 minutes and Lewis Taylor made it 2-0 three minutes before the break, with Richard Medcalf scoring for Retford with 12 minutes remaining.

Retford’s Rob Sanderson was sent off in the 85th minute.

Knaresborough Town lost 2-0 at home to Rossington Main in division one, Shaun Pendleton and Lee Holmes scoring in the first seven minutes of the second period.

Selby Town’s trip to Dronfield was postponed.

Chris Hall struck twice for Harrogate Town as they beat title-chasing Hednesford 3-1 at Wetherby Road in Conference North.

Hall opened the scoring for eighth-placed Harrogate on ten minutes and Matt Heath got the second 16 minutes later.

Hednesford pulled a goal back from the spot on 36 minutes, but Hall restored the hosts’ two-goal cushion on 43 minutes.

Gary Bradshaw’s 85th minute penalty earned Scarborough Athletic a 3-3 draw with Belper Town in Evo-Stik League division one south.

Belper led 2-0 after 15 minutes, but Bradshaw netted on 28 minutes and Jimmy Beadle equalised four minutes before half-time.

Town went ahead again on the stroke of half-time, but Bradshaw rescued the hosts.

Harrogate Railway Athletic’s trip to Northwich Victoria was postponed in division one north.