Keith Lowe believes York City have several contenders for club captain

York Press: Keith Lowe salutes the York City fans after Saturday’s win at Fleetwood Keith Lowe salutes the York City fans after Saturday’s win at Fleetwood

YORK City defender Keith Lowe believes the club have several contenders to succeed the departed Chris Smith as club captain.

Lowe’s former Cheltenham and Kidderminster team-mate Russell Penn donned the armband for Saturday’s 2-1 win at Fleetwood with previous matchday skipper David McGurk sidelined by a back spasm.

In the past, Michael Ingham and Dan Parslow have carried out the role, while John McCombe also assumed the responsibility at previous club Port Vale.

With 308 appearances at Football League level, Lowe would be a potential candidate for the position and the 28-year-old centre-back said: “I think there are a lot of captains out there on the pitch.

“You don’t need just one, you need captains right through the team and I honestly think we have got that at the club because that’s one of the things the gaffer has brought in.”

Having lined up alongside Penn for more than three-and-a-half years with three different clubs now, Lowe certainly believes that the combative midfielder, who has made five appearances for his new team, will lead by example if he continues to call heads or tails for the Minstermen in future matches.

The Wolverhampton-born sentinel added: “Everybody can expect to see pretty much more of what they have seen from Russ so far. He is always sharp in the tackle and likes to the keep the team ticking along by doing the simple things to get us playing.”

Lowe lined up alongside McCombe at the heart of City’s defence for the first time for 90 minutes at Highbury with McGurk sidelined.

He feels the potential is there to forge as productive an understanding with McCombe, as he has enjoyed with McGurk and Dan Parslow previously, saying: “I’ve been getting on well with John on and off the pitch, which has been the same with TY (McGurk) and Pars before.

“That helps because John has slotted in well and we struck up a good partnership on Saturday.”McGurk, McCombe and Lowe all started together during City’s 2-0 defeat against Chesterfield last week with the latter switching to right-back – a job that he would be prepared to undertake again if required.

“I would play anywhere for this club and, wherever I am put on the pitch, I will give 100 per cent every single time,” Lowe insisted.

The ex-Wolves defender has been impressed, meanwhile, by the rest of his team-mates’ industry since his arrival from Cheltenham in November, no more so than during the win over Fleetwood at the weekend.

He said: “It was a hard-fought victory and the lads really dug in for the points. We have put some really big shifts in and that work ethic is the one thing we seem to have in abundance at the club.

“We all have a will to do well together. The wind made a big difference at Fleetwood, especially with Jon Parkin up top.

“He’s difficult to deal with but I thought we came through that. The whole back four did really well and the lads up front got us the goals.”

Lowe’s only disappointment was Mikael Mandron’s equaliser.

The 6ft 2in centre-half has played every minute of the 14 matches since his debut at Southend, with the team conceding 12 goals at an average of one every 0.86 matches.

In the 14 matches prior to his arrival, City had shipped 27 at an average of 1.93 per game but he remained philosophical about Mandron’s effort, reasoning: “It was a classic League Two goal really – a bit of a scramble after the ball had skidded off the surface and bodies were falling everywhere, but that happens and we showed character to come back and get a decent win.”

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:36am Tue 4 Feb 14

ian923 says...

Another 2stories from one!
Another 2stories from one! ian923

11:45am Tue 4 Feb 14

rogue84 says...

interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham.
we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.
interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham. we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on. rogue84

11:51am Tue 4 Feb 14

yorkandproud says...

rogue84 wrote:
interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham.
we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.
That's because Lowe is a good old fashioned no nonsense type of centre back, who reads the game well. Centre back is the key. Not a right back Nigel. Like a fish out of water against spireites .
[quote][p][bold]rogue84[/bold] wrote: interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham. we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.[/p][/quote]That's because Lowe is a good old fashioned no nonsense type of centre back, who reads the game well. Centre back is the key. Not a right back Nigel. Like a fish out of water against spireites . yorkandproud

12:26pm Tue 4 Feb 14

YorkCityLuke says...

I think in some of our worst recent performances, the unimaginative balls forward from the centre backs have not helped. However, you can't argue with the above stat regarding the dip in goals conceded since Lowe arrived. If he can start to combine the good, solid defensive work with more imaginative/ accurate balls forward I think we'll find a bit of consistency.
I think in some of our worst recent performances, the unimaginative balls forward from the centre backs have not helped. However, you can't argue with the above stat regarding the dip in goals conceded since Lowe arrived. If he can start to combine the good, solid defensive work with more imaginative/ accurate balls forward I think we'll find a bit of consistency. YorkCityLuke

3:48pm Tue 4 Feb 14

T.R.M1974 says...

We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury.
We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury. T.R.M1974

4:48pm Tue 4 Feb 14

dadster says...

T.R.M1974 wrote:
We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury.
I think you're spot on. We've been crying out for at least 1 if not 2 no-nonsense centre backs for a long time and although it took NW a while to address this we now have them in Lowe and McCombe, both of which seem to fit the bill. They'll makes mistakes obviously and yes they lack a bit of pace but I do have much more confidence in our defensive capabilities now.

It's unfortunate for McGurk that's he's picked up this injury but for me I would stick with Lowe and McCombe as they are the future for us and I'm a big believer in keeping a settled partnership in the centre of defence as it's a crucial area of the pitch and not an area that should be rotated unless absolutely necessary.

I realty hope this isn't the beginning of the end for McGurk at City as he's been a great servant and is still good enough to play at L2 level IMO and would be good to keep to ensure quality competition for places. Sadly the big problem is his fitness and whilst he's had a good recent run it must still be a worry longer term and he's not getting any younger. Sadly I can see him been released on a free in the summer when his contract expires and even if he is offered another 1 year deal he may choose to decline on the basis he will want first team football at his age which I don't think he will get if everyone's fit.
[quote][p][bold]T.R.M1974[/bold] wrote: We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury.[/p][/quote]I think you're spot on. We've been crying out for at least 1 if not 2 no-nonsense centre backs for a long time and although it took NW a while to address this we now have them in Lowe and McCombe, both of which seem to fit the bill. They'll makes mistakes obviously and yes they lack a bit of pace but I do have much more confidence in our defensive capabilities now. It's unfortunate for McGurk that's he's picked up this injury but for me I would stick with Lowe and McCombe as they are the future for us and I'm a big believer in keeping a settled partnership in the centre of defence as it's a crucial area of the pitch and not an area that should be rotated unless absolutely necessary. I realty hope this isn't the beginning of the end for McGurk at City as he's been a great servant and is still good enough to play at L2 level IMO and would be good to keep to ensure quality competition for places. Sadly the big problem is his fitness and whilst he's had a good recent run it must still be a worry longer term and he's not getting any younger. Sadly I can see him been released on a free in the summer when his contract expires and even if he is offered another 1 year deal he may choose to decline on the basis he will want first team football at his age which I don't think he will get if everyone's fit. dadster

5:33pm Tue 4 Feb 14

rockley214 says...

yorkandproud wrote:
rogue84 wrote: interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham. we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.
That's because Lowe is a good old fashioned no nonsense type of centre back, who reads the game well. Centre back is the key. Not a right back Nigel. Like a fish out of water against spireites .
I agree. Ron Atkinson said of Des Walker, (one of the best I ever saw), that one of his best attributes was that he knew where row Z was. Lowe certainly doesn't mess about which in this league is so important. Remember Dan Parslow (respect by the way) v Bristol Rovers trying to shepherd the ball out of play??
[quote][p][bold]yorkandproud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogue84[/bold] wrote: interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham. we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.[/p][/quote]That's because Lowe is a good old fashioned no nonsense type of centre back, who reads the game well. Centre back is the key. Not a right back Nigel. Like a fish out of water against spireites .[/p][/quote]I agree. Ron Atkinson said of Des Walker, (one of the best I ever saw), that one of his best attributes was that he knew where row Z was. Lowe certainly doesn't mess about which in this league is so important. Remember Dan Parslow (respect by the way) v Bristol Rovers trying to shepherd the ball out of play?? rockley214

5:49pm Tue 4 Feb 14

dadster says...

YorkCityLuke wrote:
I think in some of our worst recent performances, the unimaginative balls forward from the centre backs have not helped. However, you can't argue with the above stat regarding the dip in goals conceded since Lowe arrived. If he can start to combine the good, solid defensive work with more imaginative/ accurate balls forward I think we'll find a bit of consistency.
Fair point in terms of distribution. I agree there are times when our centre backs could play a simple ball to feet rather than just lumping it forward more in hope than expectation. It's all about knowing the right time to clear your lines and the right time to pass the ball.

As long as we're not messing around with it on the edge of our own penalty area like we did on numerous occasions under GM resulting in gifting chances to the opposition.
[quote][p][bold]YorkCityLuke[/bold] wrote: I think in some of our worst recent performances, the unimaginative balls forward from the centre backs have not helped. However, you can't argue with the above stat regarding the dip in goals conceded since Lowe arrived. If he can start to combine the good, solid defensive work with more imaginative/ accurate balls forward I think we'll find a bit of consistency.[/p][/quote]Fair point in terms of distribution. I agree there are times when our centre backs could play a simple ball to feet rather than just lumping it forward more in hope than expectation. It's all about knowing the right time to clear your lines and the right time to pass the ball. As long as we're not messing around with it on the edge of our own penalty area like we did on numerous occasions under GM resulting in gifting chances to the opposition. dadster

6:31pm Tue 4 Feb 14

duffy says...

I think a few of us have been asking for two quality centre halves for at least the last two years, as much as Smith and Parslow played a big part in our promotion Mills was far too loyal and it cost us. The stats since Lowe came into the team tells its own story. Adding quality further up the field does also help though.
I think a few of us have been asking for two quality centre halves for at least the last two years, as much as Smith and Parslow played a big part in our promotion Mills was far too loyal and it cost us. The stats since Lowe came into the team tells its own story. Adding quality further up the field does also help though. duffy

6:38pm Tue 4 Feb 14

uhtred says...

dadster wrote:
T.R.M1974 wrote:
We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury.
I think you're spot on. We've been crying out for at least 1 if not 2 no-nonsense centre backs for a long time and although it took NW a while to address this we now have them in Lowe and McCombe, both of which seem to fit the bill. They'll makes mistakes obviously and yes they lack a bit of pace but I do have much more confidence in our defensive capabilities now.

It's unfortunate for McGurk that's he's picked up this injury but for me I would stick with Lowe and McCombe as they are the future for us and I'm a big believer in keeping a settled partnership in the centre of defence as it's a crucial area of the pitch and not an area that should be rotated unless absolutely necessary.

I realty hope this isn't the beginning of the end for McGurk at City as he's been a great servant and is still good enough to play at L2 level IMO and would be good to keep to ensure quality competition for places. Sadly the big problem is his fitness and whilst he's had a good recent run it must still be a worry longer term and he's not getting any younger. Sadly I can see him been released on a free in the summer when his contract expires and even if he is offered another 1 year deal he may choose to decline on the basis he will want first team football at his age which I don't think he will get if everyone's fit.
bit premature the last comment after just 2 full games for McCombe, it is likely, knowing how fickle some posters can be, that there will be outcries on here after the next bad result for either McCombe or Lowe to be dropped and McGurk to be reinstated. We have many matches on which to judge Mcgurk, but only a few to judge the new signings; lets wait and see before we write off a loyal and dependable servant like TY..
[quote][p][bold]dadster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]T.R.M1974[/bold] wrote: We were shipping in 3 goals a game with smudge and pars at center half, no disrespect to those two but keith came in and steadied the ship. When it boils down to it we all know NW brought McCombe in to play along side him, and i hope it turns out well. He may not be the quickest but it looks like he reads the game well, if they have another good game together Saturday i dont think we shall se TY again unless there is an injury.[/p][/quote]I think you're spot on. We've been crying out for at least 1 if not 2 no-nonsense centre backs for a long time and although it took NW a while to address this we now have them in Lowe and McCombe, both of which seem to fit the bill. They'll makes mistakes obviously and yes they lack a bit of pace but I do have much more confidence in our defensive capabilities now. It's unfortunate for McGurk that's he's picked up this injury but for me I would stick with Lowe and McCombe as they are the future for us and I'm a big believer in keeping a settled partnership in the centre of defence as it's a crucial area of the pitch and not an area that should be rotated unless absolutely necessary. I realty hope this isn't the beginning of the end for McGurk at City as he's been a great servant and is still good enough to play at L2 level IMO and would be good to keep to ensure quality competition for places. Sadly the big problem is his fitness and whilst he's had a good recent run it must still be a worry longer term and he's not getting any younger. Sadly I can see him been released on a free in the summer when his contract expires and even if he is offered another 1 year deal he may choose to decline on the basis he will want first team football at his age which I don't think he will get if everyone's fit.[/p][/quote]bit premature the last comment after just 2 full games for McCombe, it is likely, knowing how fickle some posters can be, that there will be outcries on here after the next bad result for either McCombe or Lowe to be dropped and McGurk to be reinstated. We have many matches on which to judge Mcgurk, but only a few to judge the new signings; lets wait and see before we write off a loyal and dependable servant like TY.. uhtred

6:53pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Badger43 says...

Do people on here really think Lowe better than TY ? The improvement. In goals conceded since Lowe came can not be ignored but does that also not coincide with TY getting back in the team ?
TY does not have pace in fact he never has been the quickest but does anyone read the game better ?
NW by offering 2 1/2 year contracts made his intentions clear but I would still like to see TY playing and be given another year
Do people on here really think Lowe better than TY ? The improvement. In goals conceded since Lowe came can not be ignored but does that also not coincide with TY getting back in the team ? TY does not have pace in fact he never has been the quickest but does anyone read the game better ? NW by offering 2 1/2 year contracts made his intentions clear but I would still like to see TY playing and be given another year Badger43

7:41pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Tamworth 2 return says...

I wonder if our friend Bill Bailey tell us how all three fit CB's compare in training as I know he is a regular at Wiggy Road.

Be really good to get the inside information and experience of a ex pro baller.
I wonder if our friend Bill Bailey tell us how all three fit CB's compare in training as I know he is a regular at Wiggy Road. Be really good to get the inside information and experience of a ex pro baller. Tamworth 2 return

9:01pm Tue 4 Feb 14

bill bailey says...

Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest. bill bailey

10:28pm Tue 4 Feb 14

You're Fired says...

I've studied and studied the picture at the top of the page. I can't see these 3rd and 4th eyes that have been referred to above.....
I've studied and studied the picture at the top of the page. I can't see these 3rd and 4th eyes that have been referred to above..... You're Fired

11:02pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Carch690 says...

Lowe is good in the air but I am concerned he is a bit slow on the ground. Personally, I feel they need a quick more cultured centre half dropping in behind. Lowe will win nearly everything in the air but we have been caught flat a few times and this concerns me. Still there has been a marked improvement defensively but I would largely put this down to more disciplined performances from right an left midfield. Brobbel in particularly was effective going forward but offered no protection to Davies. More of a marked improvement defensively when Brobbel was dropped.
Lowe is good in the air but I am concerned he is a bit slow on the ground. Personally, I feel they need a quick more cultured centre half dropping in behind. Lowe will win nearly everything in the air but we have been caught flat a few times and this concerns me. Still there has been a marked improvement defensively but I would largely put this down to more disciplined performances from right an left midfield. Brobbel in particularly was effective going forward but offered no protection to Davies. More of a marked improvement defensively when Brobbel was dropped. Carch690

11:41pm Tue 4 Feb 14

Tamworth 2 return says...

bill bailey wrote:
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Thanks so much for that Col, I and others on here should count ourselves lucky that we have inside knowledge and expertise.
[quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.[/p][/quote]Thanks so much for that Col, I and others on here should count ourselves lucky that we have inside knowledge and expertise. Tamworth 2 return

12:07am Wed 5 Feb 14

Mad for Minstermen says...

Tamworth 2 return wrote:
bill bailey wrote:
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Thanks so much for that Col, I and others on here should count ourselves lucky that we have inside knowledge and expertise.
...yeah Bill, and Ingham got 4 arms, one each side, one on his head and one stuck out of his....Bill you are the 8th wonder of the world, most of them are extinct !!
[quote][p][bold]Tamworth 2 return[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.[/p][/quote]Thanks so much for that Col, I and others on here should count ourselves lucky that we have inside knowledge and expertise.[/p][/quote]...yeah Bill, and Ingham got 4 arms, one each side, one on his head and one stuck out of his....Bill you are the 8th wonder of the world, most of them are extinct !! Mad for Minstermen

12:17am Wed 5 Feb 14

Head of Bomber Command says...

We are getting what has been needed at the club since Goodliffe departed. A worthwhile presence in both penalty area's from corners and set peices. Not having that in our first season back in the FL was the biggest failing of GM and it ultimately cost him his job IMO.
We are getting what has been needed at the club since Goodliffe departed. A worthwhile presence in both penalty area's from corners and set peices. Not having that in our first season back in the FL was the biggest failing of GM and it ultimately cost him his job IMO. Head of Bomber Command

1:09am Wed 5 Feb 14

sixtyfourfive says...

bill bailey wrote:
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri.
[quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.[/p][/quote]Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri. sixtyfourfive

9:22am Wed 5 Feb 14

Tamworth 2 return says...

Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM

Well done Colin !!
Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM Well done Colin !! Tamworth 2 return

11:48am Wed 5 Feb 14

golfnut88 says...

rogue84 wrote:
interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham.
we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.
it hasnt actually halved, as we are conceding a goal every 0.86 matches(one and a bit per game) , whereas 1.93 is goals per games before he arrived, but still shows his presence has improved us nonetheless
[quote][p][bold]rogue84[/bold] wrote: interesting stat regarding goals conceded, literally cut in half since Lowe came in. just hope we don't flatter to deceive and turn in an average display on saturday against cheltenham. we should go out there and attack them from the very start - get infront early on.[/p][/quote]it hasnt actually halved, as we are conceding a goal every 0.86 matches(one and a bit per game) , whereas 1.93 is goals per games before he arrived, but still shows his presence has improved us nonetheless golfnut88

12:32pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Tug job says...

Tamworth 2 return wrote:
Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM

Well done Colin !!
Do you mean IBS?
[quote][p][bold]Tamworth 2 return[/bold] wrote: Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM Well done Colin !![/p][/quote]Do you mean IBS? Tug job

1:24pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Tamworth 2 return says...

Tug job wrote:
Tamworth 2 return wrote:
Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM

Well done Colin !!
Do you mean IBS?
No, no defo IBM as in Incredible B............. Man
[quote][p][bold]Tug job[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tamworth 2 return[/bold] wrote: Breaking News ........... Bill Bailey has just signed a shirt sponsorship deal with IBM Well done Colin !![/p][/quote]Do you mean IBS?[/p][/quote]No, no defo IBM as in Incredible B............. Man Tamworth 2 return

3:39pm Wed 5 Feb 14

bill bailey says...

sixtyfourfive wrote:
bill bailey wrote:
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri.
SFF, YOU may be right. but Reed cant cope with heavy pitches he never last season and he certainly didn't at Fleetwood.It would surprise me if he gets a contract next season I was asked a question and answered it , if you and Tamworth don't like it move on don't be cynical don't reply.
[quote][p][bold]sixtyfourfive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.[/p][/quote]Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri.[/p][/quote]SFF, YOU may be right. but Reed cant cope with heavy pitches he never last season and he certainly didn't at Fleetwood.It would surprise me if he gets a contract next season I was asked a question and answered it , if you and Tamworth don't like it move on don't be cynical don't reply. bill bailey

5:36pm Wed 5 Feb 14

sixtyfourfive says...

bill bailey wrote:
sixtyfourfive wrote:
bill bailey wrote:
Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.
Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri.
SFF, YOU may be right. but Reed cant cope with heavy pitches he never last season and he certainly didn't at Fleetwood.It would surprise me if he gets a contract next season I was asked a question and answered it , if you and Tamworth don't like it move on don't be cynical don't reply.
Chill out - I was merely stating a fact. Montrose is taking an enforced rest (suspended) and Mr Worthington has chosen Reed so far not Puri.Whether I or you like it I am right so don't see what your problem is. How the hell you read cynicism into that is beyond me.
[quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sixtyfourfive[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bill bailey[/bold] wrote: Defending is the basis of the team ,never get drawn out of your comfort zone this what I have seen, Lowe is the leader of the line, he has 4 eyes two in front and one each side McCombe not the fastest but reads the game well, he plays tight , Banjo and Puri playing deep Montrose playing off them., a lot seems to be developing various options, balls coming out of defence and retaining a line of 4 across the back There seems to be more youngsters included in sessions .I wouldn't be surprised to see Puri given more playing time.he will be the choice if Montrose takes an enforced rest.[/p][/quote]Montrose is taking an enforced rest and Reed is the replacement not Puri.[/p][/quote]SFF, YOU may be right. but Reed cant cope with heavy pitches he never last season and he certainly didn't at Fleetwood.It would surprise me if he gets a contract next season I was asked a question and answered it , if you and Tamworth don't like it move on don't be cynical don't reply.[/p][/quote]Chill out - I was merely stating a fact. Montrose is taking an enforced rest (suspended) and Mr Worthington has chosen Reed so far not Puri.Whether I or you like it I am right so don't see what your problem is. How the hell you read cynicism into that is beyond me. sixtyfourfive

11:01pm Wed 5 Feb 14

openallhours says...

There seems to be a group of oddballs and weirdos obsessed by Bill Bailey - don't want to break their hearts but he's not the messiah... they need to be following yorkcityluke! Would love to see that bunch of individuals at the game on Saturday, full of spirit and cheer (in the away end).
There seems to be a group of oddballs and weirdos obsessed by Bill Bailey - don't want to break their hearts but he's not the messiah... they need to be following yorkcityluke! Would love to see that bunch of individuals at the game on Saturday, full of spirit and cheer (in the away end). openallhours

12:54pm Thu 6 Feb 14

YorkCityLuke says...

openallhours wrote:
There seems to be a group of oddballs and weirdos obsessed by Bill Bailey - don't want to break their hearts but he's not the messiah... they need to be following yorkcityluke! Would love to see that bunch of individuals at the game on Saturday, full of spirit and cheer (in the away end).
Not relevant to football, the discussion is not about me. If you have opinions about the role of Lowe in our recent form, try to express them instead.
[quote][p][bold]openallhours[/bold] wrote: There seems to be a group of oddballs and weirdos obsessed by Bill Bailey - don't want to break their hearts but he's not the messiah... they need to be following yorkcityluke! Would love to see that bunch of individuals at the game on Saturday, full of spirit and cheer (in the away end).[/p][/quote]Not relevant to football, the discussion is not about me. If you have opinions about the role of Lowe in our recent form, try to express them instead. YorkCityLuke

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree