YORK RI maintained their recent revival in the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division with a 2-1 win over Terrington Glory.

The fixture list was badly hit by the wet weather, with only 17 games surviving across the nine divisions, but RI revelled in the conditions.

Sean Stockdale and Darren Sellers gave the visitors a two-goal lead and, despite their inability to extend it further, they never looked under serious threat as Adam Fisher’s late goal for Terrington proving to be nothing more than a consolation.

The rain failed to prevent St Clement’s entertaining Wigginton Grasshoppers on the 4G pitch at York Sport Village, although strong winds threatened to spoil the game.

Grasshoppers made the most of having the gales behind them in the first half with several attempts at the St Clement’s goal before Lee Stewart finally put them ahead with the help of a deflection.

A few chances followed, with Saints’ Scott Nicholas denied by Michael Clancy and Dave Hartas hitting the woodwork from 30 yards.

A rush of three goals in the final four minutes of the first period killed off hope of a Saints revival.

Eddy Clapham bundled the ball over the line to make it 2-0 on 41 minutes, before Lee McQuade finished superby with the outside of his foot to increase the lead 60 seconds later.

Then a Wiggy corner was headed backwards by a St Clement’s defender and Dave Hartas made no mistake from a yard out to make it 4-0 at the break.

Despite good saves from both ’keepers in the second half, only Clapham’s second goal of the game, a low drive from 18 yards, was added to the score.

Second-placed Osbaldwick’s promotion push in division one continued with a 4-2 triumph at home to Brooklyn.

Tom Wheatland gave the hosts the lead after six minutes, and the same player doubled the advantage two minutes later.

Andy Phillips hit back for Brooklyn in the 11th minute but a Matt Hattee penalty midway through the half gave Osbaldwick a 3-1 lead at the interval.

Hattee scored his second spot-kick to seal the game in the 66th minute before Phillips completed his brace with a late goal.

Goals from Daryl Tate and Tom Collins were enough to secure a point for Hemingbrough from a 2-2 draw at Church Fenton White Horse.

Two first-half goals for new signing Danny Penrose gave F1 Racing a half-time lead at home to Bishopthorpe in division two.

Although F1 had more of the play in the second half playing against the wind, they left it late to increase their tally with Adam Tiffany and Neil Yeowart rounding off a 4-0 win in the dying minutes.

F1 are now clear in second place, two points adrift of Rawcliffe.

Heslington beat Strensall 5-2, with the losing side’s goals coming from Johnny Cooper and Charlie Coupland.

The only game in division three saw Bishop Wilton win 4-0 at Huby United. Charlie Bond bagged a brace, with Rob Eeles and Alex Nattrass completing the scoring.

Kirkbymoorside look to be only two wins away from the division four title thanks to their superior goal difference following an 8-0 hammering of third-placed Moor Lane.

Second-placed South Milford also scored a clear-cut victory, winning 6-1 at Melbourne. Robin Fossett (2), Paul Moran, Glynn Harrison, Robert Speight and Jake Hardman notched for the hosts. Brian Underwood bagged the hosts’ consolation.

• All clubs must be represented at an extraordinary general meeting at Wigginton Recreation Hall on Wednesday, at 7.30pm.

• The York Minster Engineering League and York Sunday Morning League are accepting applications from new clubs for the 2014/15 season.

For further information phone Matthew Ward, York Minster Engineering League secretary, on 01904 767613, or Dot Storr, York Sunday Morning League chairperson, on 01904 762428.