South Milford defeated Jorvik Blades 7-1 to enhance their chances of promotion from division four of the York Minster Engineering Football League.

Cawood edged past LNER Builders 3-2 thanks to goals from Oliver Taggert, Daniel Smith and James Darlison. Sam Hill and Gary Hardcastle replied.

Moor Lane got 2014 off to a flier putting six goals past Wheldrake without reply. Andrew Kenyon hit a hat-trick with David Dawson bagging a brace and Danny Rodgers also on target.

In reserve ‘A’, Dunnington underlined their intent to hang on to their crown with a convincing 5-1 defeat of closest rivals Dringhouses.

Easingwold went down 2-1 at home to Church Fenton for whom Dave Waite notched a penalty.

Wigginton edged the derby duel at Huntington 3-1.

A strike from Dan Welborn gave Grasshoppers a half-time lead and two goals from Rob Orr sealed the game. Lee Bunce scored a consolation for the hosts.

Copmanthorpe led visitors Haxby 1-0 at half-time, but the second half saw chances galore with the home side cruising to a 5-1 win.

Danny Leach and Sam Bibby grabbed two goals each with Ben Sykes completing the scoring. Richard Wishart was Haxby’s scorer.

Stamford Bridge provided the shock of the day with a 1-0 win over Tadcaster Magnets, Anthony Downing providing the only goal of the reserve ‘B’ tussle.

Russell Carr hit Heslington’s goal as they suffered a 3-1 loss at home to Bishopthorpe.

Neil Richardson hit a hat-trick for Aviva as they triumphed 3-1 at Pocklington.

Poppleton gained a 4-2 win over reserve ‘C’ opponents Thorpe United. Rich Moss bagged a brace to add to efforts from Jim Gledhill and Rob Forrester.

The only game to be played in reserve ‘D’ went the way of F1 Racing who were made to fight all the way by a resilient Wilberfoss side.

Russ Howard put F1 in front after 20 minutes but Shaun Gross equalised on the stroke of half-time.

Neil Yeowart restored F1’s lead but Gross hit his second on the hour mark. Two George Trifan goals finally sealed the game 4-2 in F1’s favour.