DIVISION four leaders York Acorn extended their unbeaten run to 14 games with a 6-0 win over Huntington in the York Minster Engineering Football League.

Leigh Dutton and Connor Larne both struck twice for Acorn to add to a strike from Steve Abbott and an own goal.

Selby Town Reserves and LNER Builders shared the points for the second week running, following the previous week’s 3-3 draw with a 0-0 stalemate.

Moor Lane recorded their first win in nine games as they defeated Melbourne 2-1.

Melbourne led at the break through Chris Cooke’s goal, but Brendan Walsh equalised and Adam Craske hit the winner. Wigginton Grasshoppers’ challenge for the reserve ‘A’ title took another knock as they needed a late equaliser from Mark Scoreby to secure a 1-1 draw at Copmanthorpe.

Stu Aughton put Cop in front and the draw means Grasshoppers are 12 points clear but challengers Dunnington are 17 points adrift with eight games in hand.

Dunnington hit four goals past Old Malton, Andy Rose scoring twice to add to strikes from Ian Burgess and Josh Tattersall.

Lee Bunce took his tally to ten goals from his last four games as he hit four of Huntington Rovers’ goals in a 6-3 win over York RI.

Dan Hood and Gareth Hurst added the other Huntington goals, with RI replying through Mark Powell, Dave Clarke and Colling Cummings.

Dringhouses recorded their first draw in 30 games as they were held 1-1 at home by Riccall.

Dan Clipson headed Dringhouses in front and Brett Collier supplied Riccall’s equaliser.

Reserve ‘B’ leaders White Horse maintained their unbeaten home record with a 3-0 win over Bishopthorpe.

Tom Parnaby, Steve Wragg and Adam Beavers hit their goals.

Fulford hit six goals for the second successive week, beating Pocklington 6-0 thanks to Danny Holmes, Dan Harris, Steve Cooper (2) and Ben Bailey (2).

York St John and Heslington both climbed out of the relegation zone after picking up useful away points.

The students hammered basement side Tadcaster Magnets 7-1 with the help of a first half hat-trick from Angus Jones, plus goals by James Long (2), Chris Walker and Tom Parry.

Geoff Nattras got a consolation reply for Tadcaster.

Heslington collected a point from a 1-1 draw at Aviva, James Dunwoody scoring for the hosts.

Two more wins from their remaining five games will be enough for Malton & Norton to take the reserve ‘C’ championship following a 1-0 home win over Rowntrees.

Skipper Joe Jefferson scored the only goal of the game with a header as the Ryedale side extended their unbeaten run to 13 games.

Poppleton chalked up their first away win of the season with a 1-0 victory at Thorpe. Hungarian Pavel Perhac hit the all-important goal.

With reserve ‘D’ leaders Crayke having their game called off, second-placed Civil Service moved to within a point after beating Bishop Wilton 5-0. Ross Dixon and Craig Coates netted in the first half and the win was sealed with late goals from Matty Williams, Ben Holding and Dixon.

F1 Racing trailed 2-1 at home to Rufforth with less than 20 minutes to go but goals from Darren Bebb (2), Dan Cooper and Paulo-Santos Monterio proved enough to underpin a 4-2 victory.

Cliffe managed their first home win of the season as they beat Huby 9-0 with a hat-trick for Nigel Horner and two goals each for Toby Bodycombe, Joe White and 16-year-old Ryan Sutherland.