YORK Minster Engineering Football League division four pace-setters York Acorn stretched their unbeaten run to a dozen games after they beat Moor Lane 5-1.

Connor Larner (2), Stefan Littlewood, Andy Dutton all scored for Acorn before 49-year-old Steve Watmore made a brief appearance and netted. Rob Whittaker grabbed a consolation for Moor Lane.

Second-placed Tadcaster Town ran amok at home to Wheldrake winning 11-2. Their tally was shared between Adam Field (4), Lee Murphy (2), Marcel Edwards, Ricky Longbottom, Tony Weatherill, John Darson and an own goal. Richard Orr and Jason McCloud shared the response from Wheldrake.

Third-placed LNER Builders eased to a 7-2 home win over Huntington FC with the division’s leading scorer Sam Hill hitting a hat-trick to add to goals from Dan Shaw (2), Andy Hurran and Gary Hardcastle. Melbourne and Selby Town drew. Liam Booth gave Melbourne the lead before Callum Dixon-Rowe equalised.

Reserve ‘A’ leaders Wigginton Grasshoppers extended their lead following their 5-1 win at basement side Hamilton Panthers, but they had to come from a goal down before Rob Orr scored four times after the interval to confirm the win.

Earlier Danny Lamb had equalised for Grasshoppers after Neil Hartley had given Panthers the lead. Old Malton looked well on track to register a third straight win over Dringhouses after two first-half goals from Richard Stevenson.

But Dringhouses rallied with three goals in the space of 15 second-half minutes to win 3-2. Tom Hawksby started the revival followed by goals from Wayne Carter and Lee Bond.

Huntington coasted to an 8-1 win over Haxby. Lee Bunce led the rout with a hat-trick to add to goals from Gaz Hurst, Ali Horseman, Dave Moyer, Charlie Coupland and Chris Holmes. Paul Holmes replied.

Riccall, without a win in five games, entertained York RI who were looking for their first away win of the season.

The visitors duly ended their wait as goals from Mark Powell and Josh Coulson sealed a 2-1 win. Tom Osborne hit the Riccall response.

Fulford FC Utd kept in touch with the reserve ‘B’ leaders as they chalked up their third away win on the trot, despite falling behind to an Aidan Bardy goal at Heslington. Mark Radcliffe levelled before Ben Bailey converted two penalties in Fulford’s 3-1 success.

Aviva slipped back into the relegation zone after they lost 5-1 at home to Pocklington. James Marshall, Ryan Gargett, Stu Barker and Ash Newton (2) netted for Pocklington with Neil Huntington hitting the Aviva consolation.

Ed Marwood hit a hat-trick as reserve ‘C’ leaders Malton & Norton extended their unbeaten run into double figures with a 5-1 triumph at Strensall. Matty Reeves and Zac Hall completed the Ryedale side’s nap hand with Jamie Lawrence replying with a penalty.

Wilberfoss moved off the foot of the table for the first time this season, ending a run of 17 winless games when defeating derby rivals Stamford Bridge 4-2.

Two goals from James Parkin fired ’Foss into an early lead before the visitors drew level through Darren Burke and an own goal.

But ’Foss went into the break leading 3-2 thanks to a Jon Parkin strike. Matt Holme’s second-half goal confirmed the long-awaited victory.

Hemingbrough took the honours in their derby encounter with Thorpe winning 2-0 with both goals coming from Aide Wood.

Reserve ‘D’ leaders Crayke dropped their first points on their travels this season when held to a 1-1 draw at F1 Racing. Mark Foster’s early goal for the hosts was cancelled out by Carl Slater five minutes before the interval.

Civil Service had little difficulty in extending their unbeaten home run to six games as they hit five unanswered goals past Rufforth.

The marksmen were Mark Lund, Gareth Srain, Olly Cook, Lee Richardson and Lewis Hardy.

Bishop Wilton ended a run of seven games without a win as they defeated visitors Huby 3-2.

A brace of strikes from Richard Webster put Huby in front at 2-1, but the visitors gained maximum points thanks to goals from Oliver Riley, Will Slater and Matthew Beckitt.