WIGGINTON Grasshoppers put five goals past Easingwold Town for the second time this season to move within four points of the premier division summit in the York Minster Engineering Football League.

A Lee Stewart goal separated the sides at the break, but Grasshoppers hit four goals in the final half hour through Matt Tiplady, Lee McQuade, his 18th of the season, Josh Hutchinson and Harry McMillan.

It was the fourth game on the trot in which Easingwold had conceded five goals.

Huntington Rovers trailed to a Darren Sellars goal at York RI, but levelled through John James before the break.

A second-half brace from Chris Dyson secured a 3-1 victory for Huntington. Since gaining promotion to the premier division, Poppleton have never beaten Old Malton at home and they are still waiting for that win despite a spirited performance in a 3-2 reverse on Saturday.

Robbie Baker put the Ryedale side in front but Richard Moss equalised and his brother, Nick, put the hosts in front with his third goal in as many games.

Two second half goals from Scott Preston, one from the penalty spot, condemned Pop to an eighth home game without a win.

Dringhouses defeated York St John 2-0 with both goals, the first from Craig McShane and the second from Liam Stilgoe, provided by pin-point crosses from the left.

Tom Littlewood scored the only goal of the game as Terrington slipped to their first defeat in five games, going down 1-0 at home to Riccall.

Selby RSSC are still looking for their first home win in the top flight after going down 2-1 to Copmanthorpe despite taking an early lead. Mark Featherstone equalised for Cop before Chris Storey hit the winner from the penalty spot.

Adam Fishwick gave basement side Hamilton Panthers the lead at Rowntrees, but that lasted only eight minutes before Ken Davis restored parity with a penalty.

In the second half, Joe Cox sealed a 2-1 win for Rowntrees.

Division one leaders Aviva suffered their first away defeat in ten games as they crashed 2-0 at Church Fenton White Horse.

A goal in each half – the first from John Marshall and the second by Rory McCray – did the damage for White Horse, who are now 13 games unbeaten at home.

St Clement’s moved level on points with Aviva at the top as they extended their unbeaten run over Tockwith to six games with a 1-0 win. Scott Nicholas hit the only goal.

Haxby moved out of the bottom two with a 2-1 win at Amotherby.

Simon Wall equalised for the hosts after Nathan Green had put Haxby in front. Dale Waddington won it two minutes from time. The top five sides in division two are separated by only two points.

Previous leaders Fulford went down 2-0 at Strensall, where Lee Lyons and Danny Mason were on target for the hosts, while second-placed Osbaldwick lost 3-2 at Heslington. Two goals from Martin Pepper and one from Lee Topping saw Heslington go top.

Tadcaster Magnets extended their unbeaten home run to 19 matches drawing 2-2 against Stamford Bridge.

Chris Bowles put Stamford in front but, before the interval, Adam Standridge and Phil Smith turned the game in Taddy’s favour. Nick Shaw salvaged a draw.

Joe Gardham put Bishopthorpe ahead inside the first minute at Rawcliffe but the hosts recovered to earn a point from a 3-3 draw.

Tom Botterill and Simon Wilson (2) were on target for Rawcliffe with Ben Jones and Gardham replying.

The promotion race is hotting up in division three after the top four sides clashed at the weekend.

Previous leaders F1 Racing saw their 12-match unbeaten run ended by visiting Barmby Moor, who won 4-3.

Dan Cooper, George Trifan and Rich Proctor netted for F1, but John Hardcastle, Simon Houlder and Curtis Barker (2) edged it for Barmby.

Bishop Wilton hammered Rufforth 8-1 and they top the table on goal difference. Tom Knowles scored four to maintain his sequence of finding the target in every game.

Tom Wood (2), Krammer Smith and Darren Woodhead also scored.

Selby Olympia recorded their first away win since last November as they won 2-1 at Huby. Lee Briscombe netted for the hosts.

A goal in each half, the first from Alistair Brown and the second from Mike Edam, earned Sporting Knavesmire their first win of the season as they beat Ouseburn 2-0.

Civil Service chalked up a second successive home draw and Crayke their third away draw on the trot in a 3-3 share-all.

Craig Teaker and Chris Smith put the home side into a two-goal lead before Crayke levelled through Stu Pierce and Dan Smith.

An own goal restored the lead for Civil Service, but Matty Warriner levelled again for Crayke.

The top two in division four both recorded comfortable away wins.

Second-placed Tadcaster Town won 5-1 at Huntington. Pete Webster got the solitary home goal.

Leaders York Acorn won 6-1 at LNER Builders, who had their goalkeeper sent off early on.

A brace each for Wilson Briggs and brothers Andy and Leigh Dutton ensured Acorn maintained their 100 per cent away record.

Dean Machin netted for Builders.

Wheldrake won 3-2 at Melbourne. Geddis Lababuskis and Kieran Hartnell hit Melbourne’s goals, but George Ledley (2) and Ben Patchesa won it for Wheldrake.

Moor Lane hit back from 2-0 down to beat Selby Town Reserves 4-3.

Three second-half goals helped reserve ‘A’ leaders Wigginton extend their unbeaten run to 13 matches as they won 3-1 at Old Malton.

Neil Wilford put Saints in front with a penalty before half-time, but Rob Orr levelled for the Grasshoppers before goals from Craig Huggins and Ben Thompson confirmed Wigginton’s win.

Huntington Rovers cruised to their first league win of the season as they trounced Hamilton Panthers 8-1.

Lee Bunce marked his debut with four goals, while Reece Derbyshire, Shaun Ellerby, Ash Hill and Gareth Hirst shared the others.

Dan Hilton hit a hat-trick for Haxby as they beat Copmanthorpe 3-1.

The top two sides in reserve ‘B’ both won to open up a five-point lead over the chasing pack.

Leaders Easingwold crushed York St John 8-1 with four goals from Andrew Metcalfe senior, a hat-trick from Andrew Metcalfe junior and a Ben Tilley goal.

Second-placed White Horse beat Amotherby 3-0 with goals from Kyle Hesling, Adam Beavers and James Mason. Reserve ‘C’ leaders Poppleton drew 2-2 at Rowntrees.

Shaun Stewart hit a double for the hosts before Chris Crawford reduced the deficit and Justin Benford equalised.

Thorpe edged past Hemingbrough 5-4 with goals from Jamie Broughton (2), Byron Summers (2) and Danny Mustill.

Stamford Bridge were 5-2 winners over Wilberfoss. Matt Free, Jamie Rank, Gareth Owen and Fraser Henderson (2) were the Bridge scorers, while James Parkin and Matty Holes bagged for ’Foss.

Reserve ‘D’ leaders Crayke maintained their 100 per cent record with a 4-1 win over F1 Racing. Matty Bilham scored twice.