Man treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Harrogate

First published in Harrogate & Ripon news York Press: Photograph of the Author by , jennifer.bell@thepress.co.uk

A MAN suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a basement flat in Harrogate.

Fire crews discovered a pile of clothing and a bookcase alight in the living room of the flat on Nydd Vale Terrace at about 4am today. The heat and smoke damaged the flat where the fire started and the property above it in the two-storey block.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the man who breathed in smoke was out of the flat by the time they arrived and was treated by paramedics. The cause is believed to be "discarded smokers' materials".

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree