Lavender wheat bag explodes in microwave

First published in Harrogate & Ripon news

A COUPLE in their eighties were taken by ambulance to hospital after a lavender wheat bag exploded in a microwave oven.

They suffered the effects of smoke inhalation during the incident in south Harrogate.

The microwave was destroyed in the explosion and there was some smoke damage to the hallway of the two-storey house.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree