Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
York Roman Festival 29-30 May 2010
York Roman Festival is mainly based at Gray's Court this year, behind York Minster, and which is well worth a look, especially the slave auction on Saturday night with Roman-style food and drink, gladatorial combat, and author Ben Kane who will be speaking about his trilogy of books.
Kids' stuff, including the hilarious and hugely popular kids' battle drill is being held up at Creepy-Crawlies on the ring road.
Also York Pullman Bus is doing Roman-themed tours, and a tenth-anniversary screening of GLADIATOR (15) is showing on Sunday at 8pm at City Screen.
In this section
- York Roman Festival 2011
- York Barbican re-opens - three cheers!
- Moving fire station risks letting York city centre burn
- Gung hee fatt choi
- Fulford Cross Nature Reserve joins UK record attempt
- Heritage Open Days
- York Roman Festival in the sunshine
- New Walk in Spring
- Archbishop dedicates Helen Whittaker's window
- Religious intolerance?