Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Bedroom damaged in blaze
9:55am Tuesday 2nd October 2012 in News
FIREFIGHTERS dealt with a blaze believed to have been started by clothes drying on a heater in a house in Murton, York.
A neighbour called firefighters Murton Garth at about 3.15pm, where they found a fire in a bedroom of the property.
The fire caused 70 per cent fire damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to all of the first floor, a fire service spokesman said.
No one was in at the time of the fire, a spokesman said.
Firefighters left the scene at about 4pm.