Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
York 50+ launch event is a massive success
8:05am Tuesday 18th September 2012 in News
ORGANISERS of the first major event of this year’s York 50+ Festival say it was a major success.
Up to 400 people visited the festival’s information fair at the Guildhall last week, said co-ordinator Sue Lister.
“There were delighted stand organisers, dozens of tombola winners, and hundreds of people who came and found something of interest and support,” Sue said. However, a second event, a special festival show and backstage tour at the Theatre Royal, only attracted an audience of ten people.
“People missed a real treat,” she said. For more information on the festival, which gets fully under way on September 29, can be found at yorkassembly.org.uk/festival
Comments are closed on this article.