Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Hunt goes on for sex attack suspect Mohammed Hussein
8:30am Saturday 8th September 2012 in News
POLICE are following up a number of leads in the hunt for a suspected sex attacker accused of assaulting a woman in York.
Detectives appealed for the public’s help earlier this week to help trace Mohammed Hussein, 33, who is suspected of attacking the 32-year-old woman at her home in the Layerthorpe area of the city.
The attack happened on August 20, but details of the incident were only released on Tuesday.
Officers are working to locate Hussein, who is originally from Bangladesh, but who has links to London and Brighton. He was known to the victim.
Det Sgt Alan Rowan, of York CID, said following the public appeal for help there had been a number of calls to the police.
He said there were several lines of inquiry that officers were following in order to locate Hussein.
He added: “However, I would still urge anyone with information that could help us to locate him, to contact the police or Crimestoppers as soon as possible.”