A MAN was rescued from a car after driving it into a canal.
Emergency services, including police and firefighters, were called to Selby Canal in Brayton at about 9.15pm yesterday.
- Road to close to allow for Bar’s restoration
- Firefighter marks 20th years of fundraising by running 200 miles
- Boost after park arson attack
- Sons pay tribute to 'amazing' mum
- Minster’s financial success
- Inquiry boss in city visit
- Jail for attempted cash point robbery
- ON THIS DAY: May 25
A spokesman for North Yorkshire Police said the force received reports of a car entering the canal and the vehicle was sinking. Officers arrived at the scene within five minutes of the call.
The man, in his 30's, was pulled to safety by police officers.
The spokesman added: "He was taken to hospital to receive the care he needs from mental health professionals.
"The police investigation into the incident is ongoing."