A TEENAGER has admitted setting up a secret camera inside the female staff bathroom of a York restaurant.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to 11 counts of voyeurism and two counts of taking indecent photographs of children after he placed the USB device in the toilets for five months last year.
He took images of staff members using the bathroom, but was caught when one of the victims spotted the device.
- York couple missing after Manchester attack have died Update 10.50am
- The longest minutes of my life: mother tells of her wait for daughter after terror attack
- Children put on dancing shoes for young heart patient Isobel
- PM raises terror threat level to critical
- Minster police gain new powers
- A169 fatal crash man named
- MANCHESTER ATTACK: York people on how we respond to such an atrocity
- Arson suspected at derelict building
Jane Maloney, defending the boy at York Youth Court, said he had not intended to take images of the members of staff, including some who were under 18.
His solicitor said he had become “obsessed” with a girl who worked in the restaurant.
Ms Maloney said: “He has known her for a long time and they had some sort of relationship when they were younger. It wasn’t to pick up other girls, but to look at one girl in particular.”
District Judge Marie Mallon told the boy he will be sentenced on Tuesday, June 27.