AN author is looking for people who may have seen The Who play in York in the 1960s or early 1970s.
Richard Houghton is trying to trace fans that may have witnessed either of their performances at The University of York in 1968 and 1970 to help him write a people’s history of the group.
Mr Houghton, who has already written books about The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, said: “The Who have been performing for over 50 years and lots of books have been written about them.
- Man jailed for abducting girl
- Man critically ill after falling from station clock Update: 6pm
- New warning over dangers of drowning
- River walk to boost flood fund
- Guiding event helps women speak up
- Wedding fair in town
- Dirty dash for family charities
- College gets clean bill of health from inspectors
"But I want to tell their story in the words of the people who saw The Who when they were starting out and use those teenage memories to help me capture a little piece of music history.”
You can share your memories of The Who at email@example.com or by writing to 1 Totnes Road, Manchester, M21 8XF.