Fridge fire at North Yorkshire house

York Press: Fridge fire at North Yorkshire house Fridge fire at North Yorkshire house

FIRE crews were called to a house fire near Pickering in the early hours of this morning.   

The fire in High Street, Wilton, started in a fridge/freezer in the kitchen of the house. The property had filled with heavy smoke.

Those living there and their pets had been safely evacuated when crews arrived just before 5am as they were woken up by their smoke alarms.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service have requested assistance from the British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service who are supporting the family until they can return safely into their property.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree