Woman treated for smoke inhalation after fire in Ripon house

Published in News York Press: Photograph of the Author by , Chief reporter

A WOMAN has been taken to hospital, suffering from smoke inhalation, after a fire at a house in Ripon.

Firefighters were called to tackle the blaze in a first floor bedroom at a house in Princess Royal Road at 12.45pm today.

The fire, believed to have been started by an electrical fault in a de-humidifier, spread to some clothing, causing some damage and severe smoke logging.

The firefighters gave oxygen to a woman aged about 40, who had inhaled smoke, until an ambulance arrived to take her to hospital.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree