TOP chocolate-maker Cadbury has pledged to investigate after claims a boy from Selby bit off more than he bargained for in his Dairy Milk bar.
Eleven-year-old Cameron Murray said he found a bug looking like a moth embedded in the chocolate.
Cameron, who lives at Barlby, decided he wanted a sweet treat so, after asking his mum, Sarah, he went to the fridge and picked a Dairy Milk from a Christmas selection box.
But he says he got a nasty shock - a bug imprinted on the choc bar.
The Barlby Hilltop Primary School pupil said: "I pulled back the foil and bit into the chocolate and then did the same again and saw it.
"When I saw the bug I thought I was going to be sick. I was just hoping that I had not eaten any of it."
Mum Sarah, 37, said: "I was on the phone to my mum, and he came into the room and said there was a bug in his chocolate bar.
"He started drinking loads of water. He told me he had eaten a bug and I thought he was having me on.
"But when I took the bar off him, I saw it.
"The bug was imprinted on the underside of the chocolate bar.
"It looked like a moth you would see in a display cabinet, with its wings outstretched. It is about the size of a thumbnail.
"I thought it was disgusting. It really is a bit horrible thinking bugs are in your food."
Sarah said she did not know where the chocolate came from, as the selection box was a Christmas present.
"It is a freak occurrence. It will probably never happen to us again," she said.
A spokesman for Cadbury said: "We are sorry to hear that Cameron has experienced this as it sounds unpleasant for him.
"We would ask his mother to return the bar to Cadbury as soon as possible so that we can carry out a full investigation and we will keep them fully informed."
Sarah is reporting the incident to North Yorkshire trading standards and will then return the chocolate bar to Cadbury.
Cameron said he was still looking forward to his next chocolate bar: "It has not put me off eating the stuff!"