Talks today on A64 safety
11:16am Tuesday 22nd April 2014 in News
The meeting was called by Selby and Ainsty MP Nigel Adams and local councillor Richard Musgrave after a spate of accidents on the dual carriageway, most recently last month when two cars and a van crashed, blocking the westbound carriageway.
The accident happened less than 100 metres from the scene of a fatal crash in late 2012, and close to where a pedestrian was killed last November.
Cllr Musgrave has said he cannot accept that the accidents on the stretch of road have all been a coincidence, and he wants all options considered, while he personally believed it should be a 50mph zone.
Mr Adams has said all the factors needed to be examined, including the bends, camber, road layout and speed of vehicles.
Comments are closed on this article.