Firefighters rescue man, 43, from flat

Firefighters rescue man, 43, from flat

Firefighters rescue man, 43, from flat

First published in News

A 43-YEAR-OLD man has been rescued from a flat fire in a village near York today.

Firefighters from Easingwold and York were called to the burning flat at Vale Cottages in Main Street, Stillington, just after 8.10am after being told people were trapped in the building.

The man was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started after cooking was left unwatched.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree