Tang Hall house fire
FIRE broke out in a home in Tang Hall late this morning.
Two fire crews from York were sent to a home on Fifth Avenue just after 11.30am today where a fire had started in the living room. They extinguished the flames, but are due to go back and check the site later today.
A spokesman for the fire service said no one was hurt.
The fire was believed to have been caused by a log burner, he added.
The fire caused traffic problems as nearby Fourth Avenue was closed, but has now reopened.