Homes evacuated due to shop fire

Homes evacuated due to shop fire

Homes evacuated due to shop fire

First published in News
Last updated

THIRTY people had to be evacuated from their homes when fire broke out in a town-centre shop.

The fire began in a mini-supermarket in Knaresborough High Street just before 2.50am today.

The fire was in the rear panel of a refrigeration unit, aparently caused by an electrical fault.

Residents livng in flats above the shop were woken by firefighters and told to leave.

Firefighters were alerted by a smoke alarm and crews from Knaresborough and Harrogate were called.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the damage was not severe.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree