Four flee York house fire

Four flee York house fire

Four flee York house fire

First published in News
Last updated

FOUR people have been taken to hospital after a house fire in York.

The blaze was in a semi-detached house in Askham Lane at 1.10am today.

Two adults and two teenagers managed to flee the house before firefighters arrived, and all were taken to York Hospital with possible smoke inhalation.

Firefighters found a first floor bedroom ablaze and it has been severely damaged, said North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service. Other rooms suffered lesser damage.

The fire was extinguished using 4 breathing apparatus, 2 hosereel jets, a positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical appliance overheating.

More to follow

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree