FOUR people have been taken to hospital after a house fire in York.
The blaze was in a semi-detached house in Askham Lane at 1.10am today.
Two adults and two teenagers managed to flee the house before firefighters arrived, and all were taken to York Hospital with possible smoke inhalation.
Firefighters found a first floor bedroom ablaze and it has been severely damaged, said North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service. Other rooms suffered lesser damage.
The fire was extinguished using 4 breathing apparatus, 2 hosereel jets, a positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical appliance overheating.
More to follow