Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves

Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves

Unattended pan starts 999 fire drama in Neville Terrace, The Groves

First published in News
Last updated

A PAN of oil sparked a 999 drama when it was left unattended on a hob in a kitchen in Neville Terrace, The Groves, this afternoon, and ignited.

The flames damaged the oven, nearby cupboards and an extractor unit before it was extinguished.

The occupant used a dry powder fire extinguisher to put the blaze out before firefighters arrived.

Paramedics also attended and gave two women a precautionay check-up.

Firefighters gave the occupant advice on how to prevent a similar incident in future.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree