Fire crews called to electric blanket blaze

York Press: Fire crews called to electric blanket blaze Fire crews called to electric blanket blaze

AN electric blanket has caused a fire which completely destroyed a bedroom in a house near Selby.

Fire crews were called just before 1pm today to the home on Hirst Road, Chapel Haddlesey after fire broke out in a first floor bedroom.

The occupant of the house - a man in his 70s - had already left the building when firefighters arrived, and was not hurt in the blaze. A fire service spokesman said the bedroom was 100 percent fire damaged by the flames, but closed doors meant the rest of the house was not damaged.

Crews from Selby used a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera to put out the fire.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree