Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Dog dies in Harrogate house fire
A DOG has died in a house fire in Harrogate.
Fire crews from Harrogate, Ripon and Knaresborough all went to the fire on Knox Drive after getting reports of smoke coming from the eaves of a semi detached house at around 1pm on Sunday, September 29.
At the scene, crews found a fire in the kitchen well alight and put out the flames and ventilated the property to clear it of smoke.
Although all people from the home were accounted for a dog died in the fire and was found by fire crews.
The fire was thought to have started in the dishwasher, a fire service spokesman said.