Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Digger goes up in flames in Elvington
A DIGGER was completely destroyed by flames when it caught fire in Elvington yesterday afternoon.
Fire crews were called at 6pm to reports of a JCB on fire on Elvington Lane, Elvington yesterday, Friday, September 27.
Firefighters from both York and Huntington stations using breathing apparatus extinguished the flames, a fire service spokesman said, but the vehicle was "100 percent fire damaged".
The fire was caused by an electrical fault, he added.