Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Cooking causes Burton Stone Lane flat fire
Fire crews were called to a York home yesterday when a grill pan caught fire.
Cooking had been left unattended causing smoke to fill the top floor flat of a four storey building on Burton Stone Lane at around 6pm yesterday, Friday, September 28, a fire brigade spokesman said.
Firefighters from York and Acomb went to the scene and ventilated the flat.
A man in the flat was asleep at the time, but woke when the fire alarm sounded and left the building as firefighters arrived.