Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Kitchens smoke-logged at Millthorpe School in York
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to Millthorpe School in York after a tray in an oven overheated, causing smoke-logging in the kitchen and dining area.
Headteacher Trevor Burton said pupils who had already arrived at the school immediately went out to assembly areas after the fire alarm sounded at 8.50am.
Others who were still turning up to school also went to the assembly areas. He praised the way students responded. "They behaved perfectly," he said.
He said there was no damage and pupils were allowed back in at 9.20am when lessons resumed as normal. He added that meals would be served in the dining area as normal later.