Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Staff evacuated from York offices after smoke spotted near roof
HUNDREDS of staff were evacuated from one of Aviva’s city centre offices this lunchtime after smoke was spotted near the roof and the fire alarm was activated.
A spokeswoman said the smoke was the normal result of the testing of a reserve power generator on the roof of Yorkshire House in Rougier Street. She said staff were allowed back in shortly afterwards.