Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Kitchen fire in Haxby after pensioner falls
1:42pm Sunday 10th March 2013 in News
FIRE broke out in the home of an elderly Haxby resident after he slipped and dropped food packaging onto a lit hob.
Emergency crews were called to the house in Oaken Grove at 7.15pm on Saturday, where they gave first aid and administered oxygen to the man before the arrival of an ambulance crew. A spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the man was not injured and the fire was out on arrival of 999 crews.