Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Guests evacuated after York B&B fire breaks out
12:45pm Wednesday 20th February 2013 in News
GUESTS at a bed-and-breakfast business in York had to be evacuated last night after a fire broke out.
Fire crews were called to the two-storey building on Strensall Road, in Earswick, at about 9.25pm after the flames started in the lounge.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said everybody was out of the building by the time they arrived and nobody was injured. An electrical fault in the wirings caused the fire to start in the wooden floors of the business and spread to the floor joists, with firefighters removing flooring to deal with the incident.
The entire property has been affected by smoke damage.