Elderly woman taken to hospital after York house fire

AN elderly woman has been taken to hospital following a fire in a terraced house in York.

The woman woke at about 3.30am today after the fire started in the front room of her house in Cromwell Road, Bishophill.

She was out of the house when fire fighters arrived and was taken to hospital by ambulance for treatment for smoke damage, a fire service spokesman said.

The fire caused 25 per cent fire damage to the front room and 100 per cent smoke damage to 80 per cent of the house.

It was caused by an electrical fault in the fuse box in the front room.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree