6:40pm Monday 4th February 2013
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire today (Monday, February 4).
A spokesman for the County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue said emergency services were called to a fire in the kitchen of a single-storey property at Rowley Crescent in Esh Winning, near Durham City, shortly after 5pm.
Firefighters were alerted to the presence of oxygen cylinders inside the property.
Four breathing apparatus and a hosereel were used to extinguish the blaze.
A woman was taken by the North East Ambulance Service to the University Hospital of North Durham suffering smoke inhalation.
Police said a pan fire appeared to be the cause.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group