Television fault sparks Dringhouses house fire

First published in News

AN electrical fault in a television is thought to be behind a fire at a house in York.

The fire started in a bedroom at the house in Sandcroft Road, Dringhouses, at about 5.50pm on Saturday.

Two fire crews from Acomb and one from York were sent to the scene.

A fire service spokesman said nobody was injured in the fire, but there was damage to the building.

He said the fire could have been much worse, but did not spread as it was mainly contained by an original stone fireplace in the bedroom.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree