Fire at Huntington Road home started with candle

First published in News

FIRE crews have issued a warning not to leave candles unattended after a flower display was set alight at a York house.

The fire, caused by the flame from a candle spreading to the flowers, started at a house in Huntington Road at about 4.50pm on Tuesday but only led to slight damage.

However, North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said people should make sure candles are stored in a proper holder and kept away from materials which may catch fire, such as curtains.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree