Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
Sparks from Christmas lights cause fire fears
9:14am Thursday 3rd January 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called in to deal with an outdoor Christmas lights display which began giving off sparks in Ryedale last night.
The alarm was raised at The Green, in Thornton-le-Dale, at about 7.30pm, with crews from Pickering making sure the area was safe and disconnecting the light socket. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the display had an electrical fault.