Sparks from Christmas lights cause fire fears

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called in to deal with an outdoor Christmas lights display which began giving off sparks in Ryedale last night.

The alarm was raised at The Green, in Thornton-le-Dale, at about 7.30pm, with crews from Pickering making sure the area was safe and disconnecting the light socket. North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the display had an electrical fault.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree