Sun shines on New Year's Day hunt

Sun shines on New Year's Day hunt

The Derwent Hunt arrives in Thornton-le-Dale for the New Year's Day meet.

Sun shines on New Year's Day hunt

Sun shines on New Year's Day hunt

First published in News

THE sun’s emergence after days of rain and cloud came just in time for the traditional New Year's Day hunt at Thornton-le-Dale.

About 200 people turned up to see the colourful spectacle as the Derwent Hunt set off from The Hall in the village near Pickering.

Chloe Dixon, who works as a barmaid at the pub, said about 50 riders and 30 hounds took part.

The hunt traditionally meets every New Year's Day at The Hall, having done so since it was founded in 1808 by Richard Johnson Hill, who lived there and kenelled the hounds there.

Comments (79)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:44pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Prob says...

So about 250 people involved. Does everything with so few people get a news story? If so, I can point out quite a few things you can write about.
So about 250 people involved. Does everything with so few people get a news story? If so, I can point out quite a few things you can write about. Prob
  • Score: 0

2:29pm Tue 1 Jan 13

NoNewsIsGoodNews says...

Tally Ho.
Tally Ho. NoNewsIsGoodNews
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick.
I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

Looks like we are off with the hunting with the hounds for foxes again not that we are following a scent laid down by runners!
Looks like we are off with the hunting with the hounds for foxes again not that we are following a scent laid down by runners! Digeorge
  • Score: 0

5:08pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

Kathy 2010 wrote:
I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick.
Be prepared for a barrage from inbreds and chinless wonders explaining how breaking the law is their right and that the foxes enjoy being killed. You can't argue with the reasoning of a couple of dozen generations of brother and sisters.
[quote][p][bold]Kathy 2010[/bold] wrote: I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick.[/p][/quote]Be prepared for a barrage from inbreds and chinless wonders explaining how breaking the law is their right and that the foxes enjoy being killed. You can't argue with the reasoning of a couple of dozen generations of brother and sisters. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

6:09pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Woody G Mellor says...

Paul Meoff wrote:
Kathy 2010 wrote:
I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick.
Be prepared for a barrage from inbreds and chinless wonders explaining how breaking the law is their right and that the foxes enjoy being killed. You can't argue with the reasoning of a couple of dozen generations of brother and sisters.
Nice post.

I see that the reporter doesn't have the guts to put his or her name to the article.
[quote][p][bold]Paul Meoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kathy 2010[/bold] wrote: I do not understand how this is happening and so blatantly. Hunting with dogs is illegal. If live animals are still being hunted with dogs, then anyone and everyone who has anything to do with this, should be totally ashamed of themselves. Would they like to be utterly petrified and then ripped to pieces? The whole lot of them make me sick.[/p][/quote]Be prepared for a barrage from inbreds and chinless wonders explaining how breaking the law is their right and that the foxes enjoy being killed. You can't argue with the reasoning of a couple of dozen generations of brother and sisters.[/p][/quote]Nice post. I see that the reporter doesn't have the guts to put his or her name to the article. Woody G Mellor
  • Score: 0

7:01pm Tue 1 Jan 13

GoodDoc says...

Wow, the same people are genuinely going to trot out the same abuse from the thread a week ago? Unbelievable!

DJGeorge - indeed. Let's not let the facts get in the way of a bit of moral indignation!
Wow, the same people are genuinely going to trot out the same abuse from the thread a week ago? Unbelievable! DJGeorge - indeed. Let's not let the facts get in the way of a bit of moral indignation! GoodDoc
  • Score: 0

7:18pm Tue 1 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

yep usual insults and drivel,

I do like the calendar though..

perhaps the press should combine the various stories and comments so that we dont have to go over old ground anymore? well until the next boxing day hunt at least. the insults are getting as much as a tradition as hunting itself..
yep usual insults and drivel, I do like the calendar though.. perhaps the press should combine the various stories and comments so that we dont have to go over old ground anymore? well until the next boxing day hunt at least. the insults are getting as much as a tradition as hunting itself.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

7:36pm Tue 1 Jan 13

countrylove says...

here we go again more tears over spilt milk. townie thugs like paul who want horses turned into glue coming on churning out streams of abuse. it aint gonna change DEAL WITH IT!
here we go again more tears over spilt milk. townie thugs like paul who want horses turned into glue coming on churning out streams of abuse. it aint gonna change DEAL WITH IT! countrylove
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

countrylove wrote:
here we go again more tears over spilt milk. townie thugs like paul who want horses turned into glue coming on churning out streams of abuse. it aint gonna change DEAL WITH IT!
Quite coherent for you sonny. Not drunk yet? Must be hungover from last night.
[quote][p][bold]countrylove[/bold] wrote: here we go again more tears over spilt milk. townie thugs like paul who want horses turned into glue coming on churning out streams of abuse. it aint gonna change DEAL WITH IT![/p][/quote]Quite coherent for you sonny. Not drunk yet? Must be hungover from last night. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

"Wow, the same people are genuinely going to trot out the same abuse from the thread a week ago? Unbelievable!"

Agree, decided to stay clear of it all really but I did notice the abuse at me and you!

Guess the same sort of people have abusive comments over travellers horses!
"Wow, the same people are genuinely going to trot out the same abuse from the thread a week ago? Unbelievable!" Agree, decided to stay clear of it all really but I did notice the abuse at me and you! Guess the same sort of people have abusive comments over travellers horses! Digeorge
  • Score: 0

7:49pm Tue 1 Jan 13

rose_of_york says...

As somebody earlier said hunting wild animals with dogs is illegal, whether those that take part like it or not. And so it should stay. However if folks want to ride horses through the countryside chasing nothing at all, then that is up to them so long as they or their hounds do no harm to anybody else's pets, gardens etc. Although I'm not really sure why it's news.
As somebody earlier said hunting wild animals with dogs is illegal, whether those that take part like it or not. And so it should stay. However if folks want to ride horses through the countryside chasing nothing at all, then that is up to them so long as they or their hounds do no harm to anybody else's pets, gardens etc. Although I'm not really sure why it's news. rose_of_york
  • Score: 0

10:48pm Tue 1 Jan 13

Sawday2 says...

Why is The Press giving free advertising to this repellant activity and those who revel in it?
Why is The Press giving free advertising to this repellant activity and those who revel in it? Sawday2
  • Score: 0

8:19am Wed 2 Jan 13

MrsHoney says...

It doesn't say in the article that they're going out killing, is it not a fake hunt?
It doesn't say in the article that they're going out killing, is it not a fake hunt? MrsHoney
  • Score: 0

8:29am Wed 2 Jan 13

again says...

MrsHoney wrote:
It doesn't say in the article that they're going out killing, is it not a fake hunt?
It can't be a 'Hunt' because that is illegal and rightly so.

It's just a drag.

The headline should be:

"Sun shines on New Year's Day drag."
[quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: It doesn't say in the article that they're going out killing, is it not a fake hunt?[/p][/quote]It can't be a 'Hunt' because that is illegal and rightly so. It's just a drag. The headline should be: "Sun shines on New Year's Day drag." again
  • Score: 0

8:30am Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that..

Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt.
thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that.. Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

9:01am Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

but the group of horses and riders are called the hunt, as in middleton hunt,derwent hunt saltersgate ect up and down the country..

mykids are going to be really annoyed when the easter egg hunt is cancelled..
but the group of horses and riders are called the hunt, as in middleton hunt,derwent hunt saltersgate ect up and down the country.. mykids are going to be really annoyed when the easter egg hunt is cancelled.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

9:23am Wed 2 Jan 13

MrsHoney says...

I think if people want to go out on a drag then that's fine, so long as there aren't any animals killed 'by accident'. I grew up in the countryside but disagree with hunting. It's not just townies who have morals.
I think if people want to go out on a drag then that's fine, so long as there aren't any animals killed 'by accident'. I grew up in the countryside but disagree with hunting. It's not just townies who have morals. MrsHoney
  • Score: 0

9:32am Wed 2 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

I couldn't agree more, Mrs Honey. And whilst I cannot agree with violence, I sense deep frustration in the comment from Deathwatch which I do understand and sympathise with. People who participate (and support) in hunting do not seem to think there is anything wrong with terrorising and torturing a poor animal so how do you make these people take notice?!!!
In addition, as I originally pointed out, hunting with dogs is now illegal but it appears that it goes on as it has done for many years and I don't think that a blind eye approach should be taken.
I couldn't agree more, Mrs Honey. And whilst I cannot agree with violence, I sense deep frustration in the comment from Deathwatch which I do understand and sympathise with. People who participate (and support) in hunting do not seem to think there is anything wrong with terrorising and torturing a poor animal so how do you make these people take notice?!!! In addition, as I originally pointed out, hunting with dogs is now illegal but it appears that it goes on as it has done for many years and I don't think that a blind eye approach should be taken. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

10:07am Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

no blind eye approach as a lot of hunts are filmed by those opposed to hunting and the evidence of any law breaking by the hunting fraternity will obviously be passed on.
no blind eye approach as a lot of hunts are filmed by those opposed to hunting and the evidence of any law breaking by the hunting fraternity will obviously be passed on. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

11:33am Wed 2 Jan 13

MrsHoney says...

I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing.

I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.
I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing. I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence. MrsHoney
  • Score: 0

11:55am Wed 2 Jan 13

Big Bad Wolf says...

MrsHoney wrote:
I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing.

I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.
No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it?
Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind?
[quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing. I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.[/p][/quote]No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it? Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind? Big Bad Wolf
  • Score: 0

12:16pm Wed 2 Jan 13

jadestars says...

Interesting comments ...

I work with someone who goes out on hunts and when i asked if this was legal her reply was " well, the dogs are not allowed to catch the fox anymore, but lets face it, if they see a fox and it's injured or tired then they're going to kill it anyway so not much we can do about it!

Something needs to be done to stop this, obviously the law isnt working and yes they do still hunt the fox ... straight from the horses mouth!
Interesting comments ... I work with someone who goes out on hunts and when i asked if this was legal her reply was " well, the dogs are not allowed to catch the fox anymore, but lets face it, if they see a fox and it's injured or tired then they're going to kill it anyway so not much we can do about it! Something needs to be done to stop this, obviously the law isnt working and yes they do still hunt the fox ... straight from the horses mouth! jadestars
  • Score: 0

12:27pm Wed 2 Jan 13

jadestars says...

MrsHoney wrote:
I think if people want to go out on a drag then that's fine, so long as there aren't any animals killed 'by accident'. I grew up in the countryside but disagree with hunting. It's not just townies who have morals.
They still kill the fox with the attitude "If the fox is injured or tired, the dogs will kill it and there's nothing we can do about it"

This came from a hunter I work with, its disgusting. She made a joke about how the law on this cant really be enforced unless the police go with the hunt!
[quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: I think if people want to go out on a drag then that's fine, so long as there aren't any animals killed 'by accident'. I grew up in the countryside but disagree with hunting. It's not just townies who have morals.[/p][/quote]They still kill the fox with the attitude "If the fox is injured or tired, the dogs will kill it and there's nothing we can do about it" This came from a hunter I work with, its disgusting. She made a joke about how the law on this cant really be enforced unless the police go with the hunt! jadestars
  • Score: 0

12:35pm Wed 2 Jan 13

alfie says...

How is it appropriate for the press to run a piece about an illegal activity?? will other headlines to follow this year be. ''York residents get stoned on cannabis in a jolly start to 2013"!
How is it appropriate for the press to run a piece about an illegal activity?? will other headlines to follow this year be. ''York residents get stoned on cannabis in a jolly start to 2013"! alfie
  • Score: 0

2:25pm Wed 2 Jan 13

MrsHoney says...

Big Bad Wolf wrote:
MrsHoney wrote:
I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing.

I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.
No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it?
Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind?
Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head. It's disgusting. And no I don't eat meat and haven't my whole adult life so I'm not a hypocrite - just incase you were going to ask.

As I said, I don't agree with violence against hunters but I can understand how they can get frustrated to the point of feeling it's the only way of getting through to these people. I personally think unless you make them the subject of a hunt then sadly they will never get why people are sickened by their desire to kill. And even then they probably wouldn't get it.
[quote][p][bold]Big Bad Wolf[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing. I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.[/p][/quote]No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it? Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind?[/p][/quote]Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head. It's disgusting. And no I don't eat meat and haven't my whole adult life so I'm not a hypocrite - just incase you were going to ask. As I said, I don't agree with violence against hunters but I can understand how they can get frustrated to the point of feeling it's the only way of getting through to these people. I personally think unless you make them the subject of a hunt then sadly they will never get why people are sickened by their desire to kill. And even then they probably wouldn't get it. MrsHoney
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

But there are plenty of us that do eat meat/poultry and the way the meat industry is I prefer to know where my meat as come from and how it as been handled.. but thats another story.

I personally can understand why some are opposed to fox hunting, as you say you don,t eat meat so you stand by your feelings. fully understandable and I respect that.
But there are alot of folk out there who say the hunting prior to the ban was cruel, vote for the ban without knowing any true facts,not just about fox hunting but the products/foods they use which use processes that can be classed just as cruel as fox hunting but are totally ignored..
But there are plenty of us that do eat meat/poultry and the way the meat industry is I prefer to know where my meat as come from and how it as been handled.. but thats another story. I personally can understand why some are opposed to fox hunting, as you say you don,t eat meat so you stand by your feelings. fully understandable and I respect that. But there are alot of folk out there who say the hunting prior to the ban was cruel, vote for the ban without knowing any true facts,not just about fox hunting but the products/foods they use which use processes that can be classed just as cruel as fox hunting but are totally ignored.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

2:54pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Big Bad Wolf says...

MrsHoney wrote:
Big Bad Wolf wrote:
MrsHoney wrote:
I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing.

I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.
No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it?
Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind?
Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head. It's disgusting. And no I don't eat meat and haven't my whole adult life so I'm not a hypocrite - just incase you were going to ask.

As I said, I don't agree with violence against hunters but I can understand how they can get frustrated to the point of feeling it's the only way of getting through to these people. I personally think unless you make them the subject of a hunt then sadly they will never get why people are sickened by their desire to kill. And even then they probably wouldn't get it.
Meat is eaten by 99% of the population MrsH and because I choose to shoot some of the birds that provide this meat I am not right in the head?
Every bird that is shot is eaten, and the birds are reared and fed and given a far better life that a supermarket chicken. Just because our sport does not conform to your chosen way of life and beliefs does not make it wrong...... And because a rider chooses to follow the hounds, they should not have to look over their shoulder in fear of violence.
[quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Big Bad Wolf[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MrsHoney[/bold] wrote: I'm sorry BBW but you can't go round calling other people idiots when you're justifying hunting because it's a tradition - lol. Because that's an idiotic reason. What if people had said slavery must go on because it's a tradition?! It's a nasty thing to do and anyone that enjoys killing can't be right in the head. The fun of the chase is another matter and you can't condemn those that obey the law and have found other ways of continuing. I don't agree with saboteurs using violence but psychological tactics I'm fine with. As Kathy said though, I can understand the frustration. (Those that break the law and kill that is). If they won't listen to reason and are prepared to break the law then it's not surprising there are people feel the need to get down to their level ie violence.[/p][/quote]No MrsH, I am an active member of a game shooting syndicate and therefore kill game birds.... Does that make me wrong in the head just because others don't agree with it? Any person who can make threats of violence over this towards those involved cannot be of sound mind?[/p][/quote]Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head. It's disgusting. And no I don't eat meat and haven't my whole adult life so I'm not a hypocrite - just incase you were going to ask. As I said, I don't agree with violence against hunters but I can understand how they can get frustrated to the point of feeling it's the only way of getting through to these people. I personally think unless you make them the subject of a hunt then sadly they will never get why people are sickened by their desire to kill. And even then they probably wouldn't get it.[/p][/quote]Meat is eaten by 99% of the population MrsH and because I choose to shoot some of the birds that provide this meat I am not right in the head? Every bird that is shot is eaten, and the birds are reared and fed and given a far better life that a supermarket chicken. Just because our sport does not conform to your chosen way of life and beliefs does not make it wrong...... And because a rider chooses to follow the hounds, they should not have to look over their shoulder in fear of violence. Big Bad Wolf
  • Score: 0

3:50pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

"Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head"

They are bred for the purposes! Actually know country doctors who used to shot and yes, went on that and used to bread pheasants for the very purpose and later shot by fellow shooters and was regularly served up pheasant, duck, wood pigeon, rabbit as a child for a meal instead of roast beef. (Can't stand the stuff now!). In fact, I last saw pheasant on a menu in York so other people must like it as well!

Protest march against the banning of Hunting. Lived and breathed the country life for most of his life. It was the only 'protest' he ever went on.

Nobody here is also mentioning the work about countryside alliance and the protection of the countryside here whatsoever.

And ask me whether I have been on a hunt, yes whilst a child as that is how I was brought up in the country, the way of life and tradition and the Hunt still meets on Boxing Day.
"Yes if you enjoy killing birds I would say you're not right in the head" They are bred for the purposes! Actually know country doctors who used to shot and yes, went on that and used to bread pheasants for the very purpose and later shot by fellow shooters and was regularly served up pheasant, duck, wood pigeon, rabbit as a child for a meal instead of roast beef. (Can't stand the stuff now!). In fact, I last saw pheasant on a menu in York so other people must like it as well! Protest march against the banning of Hunting. Lived and breathed the country life for most of his life. It was the only 'protest' he ever went on. Nobody here is also mentioning the work about countryside alliance and the protection of the countryside here whatsoever. And ask me whether I have been on a hunt, yes whilst a child as that is how I was brought up in the country, the way of life and tradition and the Hunt still meets on Boxing Day. Digeorge
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

I agree completely with all Mrs Honey's comments and I don't eat meat either but appreciate that other people do and I suppose that is their right. However I would much prefer that people took into consideration all sorts of things to do with the animals they are eating (i.e. how they have been treated whilst alive and how they have been slaughtered). Unfortunately this often does not happen because many people simply do not care and others are in blissful ignorance of some of the horrific facts. I think it is undoubtedly true that some animals that are killed during hunting (by being shot cleanly) do not suffer anywhere near as much as other animals killed in abattoirs.
But the issue originally being discussed here was not the consumption of animals. It was about hunting with dogs which has been made illegal. In my opinion, though, anyone who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed is not the sort of person I would wish to associate with.
I agree completely with all Mrs Honey's comments and I don't eat meat either but appreciate that other people do and I suppose that is their right. However I would much prefer that people took into consideration all sorts of things to do with the animals they are eating (i.e. how they have been treated whilst alive and how they have been slaughtered). Unfortunately this often does not happen because many people simply do not care and others are in blissful ignorance of some of the horrific facts. I think it is undoubtedly true that some animals that are killed during hunting (by being shot cleanly) do not suffer anywhere near as much as other animals killed in abattoirs. But the issue originally being discussed here was not the consumption of animals. It was about hunting with dogs which has been made illegal. In my opinion, though, anyone who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed is not the sort of person I would wish to associate with. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

"one who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed is not the sort of person I would wish to associate with."

Given your comments, it is highly unlikely that they would want to associate with you, the feeling might be mutual as it is highly unlikely that your paths will meet!

You also do not know though whether it is a dentist, a doctor, a nurse, a butcher, a farmer, a shopkeeper or whoever hunts! They come from all walks of life! So you may associate with them in a business sense and never know or it may be your neighbour.

You probably eat fish and chickens as well that has been hunted and killed, probably you are against that too as is the killing of a cow or whatever, it is still killed.
"one who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed is not the sort of person I would wish to associate with." Given your comments, it is highly unlikely that they would want to associate with you, the feeling might be mutual as it is highly unlikely that your paths will meet! You also do not know though whether it is a dentist, a doctor, a nurse, a butcher, a farmer, a shopkeeper or whoever hunts! They come from all walks of life! So you may associate with them in a business sense and never know or it may be your neighbour. You probably eat fish and chickens as well that has been hunted and killed, probably you are against that too as is the killing of a cow or whatever, it is still killed. Digeorge
  • Score: 0

6:51pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

baileyuk wrote:
thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that..

Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt.
I fail to see how the words 'If these activities take place they are clearly wrong and illegal' can be construed as supporting violent activity.
[quote][p][bold]baileyuk[/bold] wrote: thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that.. Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt.[/p][/quote]I fail to see how the words 'If these activities take place they are clearly wrong and illegal' can be construed as supporting violent activity. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

7:31pm Wed 2 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Paul Meoff wrote:
baileyuk wrote:
thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that..

Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt.
I fail to see how the words 'If these activities take place they are clearly wrong and illegal' can be construed as supporting violent activity.
Oh come on Paul, your peaceful opposition to bloodsports paves the way for violent, lentil eating, bunny hugging hippies to save foxes from those peaceful, law abiding animal abusers.
[quote][p][bold]Paul Meoff[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]baileyuk[/bold] wrote: thats the problem mrshoney, everyone assumes we are still hunting foxes and thats that.. Paul you cannot defend deathwatches comment on attacking members of a hunt directly and personally when they least expect it,, a guy up the road from me is 87 and still a member of a hunt so a personal and direct attack on him is ok? and backed by the antihunt.[/p][/quote]I fail to see how the words 'If these activities take place they are clearly wrong and illegal' can be construed as supporting violent activity.[/p][/quote]Oh come on Paul, your peaceful opposition to bloodsports paves the way for violent, lentil eating, bunny hugging hippies to save foxes from those peaceful, law abiding animal abusers. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

7:36pm Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

but as ive said several times i go hunting but stay within the law as it stands! so I am not doing anything illegal however being a member of hunt gives deathwatch or whatever his name is enough ammo to possibly target me? and this is supported by you and others as far as your concerned cos im part of the hunting scene and have the same low morals..

I have already nearly been killed/seriously burned thanks to an animalrights stunt in 1996,, just because at the time I was a fitter within a meat processors in Wolverhampton.
but as ive said several times i go hunting but stay within the law as it stands! so I am not doing anything illegal however being a member of hunt gives deathwatch or whatever his name is enough ammo to possibly target me? and this is supported by you and others as far as your concerned cos im part of the hunting scene and have the same low morals.. I have already nearly been killed/seriously burned thanks to an animalrights stunt in 1996,, just because at the time I was a fitter within a meat processors in Wolverhampton. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Wed 2 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Oh bloody diddums, and my wife was assaulted by a Derwent hunt thug because she stopped the hounds when they were onto a fox. Thankfully the **** was convicted.
So there are arseholes in every walk of life, what's your point?
Oh bloody diddums, and my wife was assaulted by a Derwent hunt thug because she stopped the hounds when they were onto a fox. Thankfully the **** was convicted. So there are arseholes in every walk of life, what's your point? twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

7:45pm Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

http://www.thisislin
colnshire.co.uk/Anim
al-rights-group-bomb
-attack-Lincolnshire
-farm/story-12927259
-detail/story.html

have a read,just to prove what countrylove says does go on, and he as not imagined it in his nasty little mind..as you call it...
http://www.thisislin colnshire.co.uk/Anim al-rights-group-bomb -attack-Lincolnshire -farm/story-12927259 -detail/story.html have a read,just to prove what countrylove says does go on, and he as not imagined it in his nasty little mind..as you call it... baileyuk
  • Score: 0

7:45pm Wed 2 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Yes I did say Derwent, the same hunt that this story relates to.

You want to talk about meat factories in the midlands then go to a midlands newspaper site where the locals will have the knowledge to dispute what you say.
Yes I did say Derwent, the same hunt that this story relates to. You want to talk about meat factories in the midlands then go to a midlands newspaper site where the locals will have the knowledge to dispute what you say. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

8:00pm Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

twotone up yours mate! dispute what i say all you want! i know the facts, I still have the police report.

so your wife got attacked by a hunt and I have never suggested this may be a lie or asked for proof of this,i have trusted that you are speaking the truth, its a shame you cannot do the same..
you can also bring non local things to the argument like oxfordshire heythrop hunt but when someone else does the same you more or less tell them to go away..

absolutely pathetic.. I have always respected your vegan stance, but any respect i have had as been washed down the derwent.
twotone up yours mate! dispute what i say all you want! i know the facts, I still have the police report. so your wife got attacked by a hunt and I have never suggested this may be a lie or asked for proof of this,i have trusted that you are speaking the truth, its a shame you cannot do the same.. you can also bring non local things to the argument like oxfordshire heythrop hunt but when someone else does the same you more or less tell them to go away.. absolutely pathetic.. I have always respected your vegan stance, but any respect i have had as been washed down the derwent. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

8:01pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

Ludicrous!

"law abiding animal abusers".

Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else.

Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.
Ludicrous! "law abiding animal abusers". Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else. Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England. Digeorge
  • Score: 0

8:42pm Wed 2 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

and for twotone i would rather be assaulted then what nearly happened to me.

as a fitter i went into work early one morning cos of problems with a production line, it was a normal practise for the office area to be open due to early start drivers, so i walked in normally,it was only when i noticed the door to the onsite lab area had been forced that I backed off and called the police. as it happened the people responsible had attempted to set up a back draft but had used a chemical in the lab which was not as quite as flammable as they thought as it had burned itself out as i entered the office area.. fire brigade officer told me if it was petrol i would have been seriously burned if not killed. the animal rights accepted responsibilty for this action and at another meat related company in the wolverhampton area..

i hope you have had the pleasure of trying to dismiss what i am saying, i did have pity for your wife and never supported anyone that could do this as its something i dont agree with believe it or not. but my pity as now gone as i now feel sorry for her being stuck with a pathetic little tosser who thinks he is better then anyone else and will try anything to ridicule them. yes i am fuming! and i do hope our paths dont meet, i was going to ask for an apology but you cant even do that properly can you..
and for twotone i would rather be assaulted then what nearly happened to me. as a fitter i went into work early one morning cos of problems with a production line, it was a normal practise for the office area to be open due to early start drivers, so i walked in normally,it was only when i noticed the door to the onsite lab area had been forced that I backed off and called the police. as it happened the people responsible had attempted to set up a back draft but had used a chemical in the lab which was not as quite as flammable as they thought as it had burned itself out as i entered the office area.. fire brigade officer told me if it was petrol i would have been seriously burned if not killed. the animal rights accepted responsibilty for this action and at another meat related company in the wolverhampton area.. i hope you have had the pleasure of trying to dismiss what i am saying, i did have pity for your wife and never supported anyone that could do this as its something i dont agree with believe it or not. but my pity as now gone as i now feel sorry for her being stuck with a pathetic little tosser who thinks he is better then anyone else and will try anything to ridicule them. yes i am fuming! and i do hope our paths dont meet, i was going to ask for an apology but you cant even do that properly can you.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

8:53pm Wed 2 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Hope our paths don't meet. LOL

Why, will you resort to violence?

Hypocrite.
Hope our paths don't meet. LOL Why, will you resort to violence? Hypocrite. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

9:20pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

Digeorge wrote:
Ludicrous!

"law abiding animal abusers".

Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else.

Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.
MFH's?

Got the M for Mother
Got the H for Hunters

Now what can the F be?
[quote][p][bold]Digeorge[/bold] wrote: Ludicrous! "law abiding animal abusers". Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else. Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.[/p][/quote]MFH's? Got the M for Mother Got the H for Hunters Now what can the F be? Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

9:31pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

Digeorge wrote:
Ludicrous!

"law abiding animal abusers".

Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else.

Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.
.... and are not animal abusers ....

Surprised they didn't get sacked as they were clearly failing in the duties they were employed to undertake.
[quote][p][bold]Digeorge[/bold] wrote: Ludicrous! "law abiding animal abusers". Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else. Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.[/p][/quote].... and are not animal abusers .... Surprised they didn't get sacked as they were clearly failing in the duties they were employed to undertake. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

10:14pm Wed 2 Jan 13

countrylove says...

its funny watching the anti brigade squirming trying to justify some terorist thug trying to insite violence on here. oh he was just joking. oh he was just frustrated. we r ever such lovely caring ppl realy. on the other page we had ppl denying it now its given to us on a plate. priceless and we r supposed to beleve that these ppl care and r humane? maybe some cosy yorkie residents may beleve the protesters BS and lies but then morons like deathwatch (oh so scary) come on and let the cat out of the bag. or should i say fox!!
its funny watching the anti brigade squirming trying to justify some terorist thug trying to insite violence on here. oh he was just joking. oh he was just frustrated. we r ever such lovely caring ppl realy. on the other page we had ppl denying it now its given to us on a plate. priceless and we r supposed to beleve that these ppl care and r humane? maybe some cosy yorkie residents may beleve the protesters BS and lies but then morons like deathwatch (oh so scary) come on and let the cat out of the bag. or should i say fox!! countrylove
  • Score: 0

10:26pm Wed 2 Jan 13

deathwatch says...

Digeorge wrote:
Ludicrous!

"law abiding animal abusers".

Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else.

Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.
..."We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else...". Not much love for the fox, eh? Chased, terrified, to the point of exhaustion, then torn to pieces by a pack of dogs, without dignity or honour, whilst braying toffs cheer each other on enjoying the spectacle... A family history of continuing this disgusting and archaic form of animal abuse demonstrates a family ingrained (and inbred) in violent abuse, choosing to paper over it by labelling it 'noble tradition'. The vermin here are the scum riding the horses, sipping champagne from the back of their top end Range Rovers, "celebrating" the fact that they've just tortured an animal and encouraged dogs to rip it to pieces. For "fun"...
[quote][p][bold]Digeorge[/bold] wrote: Ludicrous! "law abiding animal abusers". Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else. Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.[/p][/quote]..."We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else...". Not much love for the fox, eh? Chased, terrified, to the point of exhaustion, then torn to pieces by a pack of dogs, without dignity or honour, whilst braying toffs cheer each other on enjoying the spectacle... A family history of continuing this disgusting and archaic form of animal abuse demonstrates a family ingrained (and inbred) in violent abuse, choosing to paper over it by labelling it 'noble tradition'. The vermin here are the scum riding the horses, sipping champagne from the back of their top end Range Rovers, "celebrating" the fact that they've just tortured an animal and encouraged dogs to rip it to pieces. For "fun"... deathwatch
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Wed 2 Jan 13

deathwatch says...

countrylove wrote:
its funny watching the anti brigade squirming trying to justify some terorist thug trying to insite violence on here. oh he was just joking. oh he was just frustrated. we r ever such lovely caring ppl realy. on the other page we had ppl denying it now its given to us on a plate. priceless and we r supposed to beleve that these ppl care and r humane? maybe some cosy yorkie residents may beleve the protesters BS and lies but then morons like deathwatch (oh so scary) come on and let the cat out of the bag. or should i say fox!!
Who says I'm joking?...
Can you not spell unless it is in childish 'text speak'?
[quote][p][bold]countrylove[/bold] wrote: its funny watching the anti brigade squirming trying to justify some terorist thug trying to insite violence on here. oh he was just joking. oh he was just frustrated. we r ever such lovely caring ppl realy. on the other page we had ppl denying it now its given to us on a plate. priceless and we r supposed to beleve that these ppl care and r humane? maybe some cosy yorkie residents may beleve the protesters BS and lies but then morons like deathwatch (oh so scary) come on and let the cat out of the bag. or should i say fox!![/p][/quote]Who says I'm joking?... Can you not spell unless it is in childish 'text speak'? deathwatch
  • Score: 0

11:17pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

To Digeorge - I really not understand your response to my comment that I would not wish to (knowingly) associate with anyone who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed as I clearly stated that I do not consume meat so you are wrong in saying "You probably eat fish and chickens as well that has been hunted and killed, probably you are against that too as is the killing of a cow or whatever, it is still killed".

This subject is a highly emotive one, which it certainly should be but surely if you respond to another person's comment then your response ought to make sense!

And, quite frankly, I don't care what "walk of life" hunters come from. I repeat that, to find pleasure in the killing of a living creature, I find distasteful and disturbing.
To Digeorge - I really not understand your response to my comment that I would not wish to (knowingly) associate with anyone who derives pleasure from killing or from seeing another living creature killed as I clearly stated that I do not consume meat so you are wrong in saying "You probably eat fish and chickens as well that has been hunted and killed, probably you are against that too as is the killing of a cow or whatever, it is still killed". This subject is a highly emotive one, which it certainly should be but surely if you respond to another person's comment then your response ought to make sense! And, quite frankly, I don't care what "walk of life" hunters come from. I repeat that, to find pleasure in the killing of a living creature, I find distasteful and disturbing. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

11:26pm Wed 2 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Kathy you must forgive them as they aren't that bright. When they should have been at school they were bonding with their fathers in the only way possible, by killing animals for fun.

So how is digeorge, having missed too many biology lessons, meant to know that chickens and fish are made of meat?
Kathy you must forgive them as they aren't that bright. When they should have been at school they were bonding with their fathers in the only way possible, by killing animals for fun. So how is digeorge, having missed too many biology lessons, meant to know that chickens and fish are made of meat? twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

11:32pm Wed 2 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

twotonethomas wrote:
Kathy you must forgive them as they aren't that bright. When they should have been at school they were bonding with their fathers in the only way possible, by killing animals for fun.

So how is digeorge, having missed too many biology lessons, meant to know that chickens and fish are made of meat?
Probably bonding with their father and their uncle who were the same person.
[quote][p][bold]twotonethomas[/bold] wrote: Kathy you must forgive them as they aren't that bright. When they should have been at school they were bonding with their fathers in the only way possible, by killing animals for fun. So how is digeorge, having missed too many biology lessons, meant to know that chickens and fish are made of meat?[/p][/quote]Probably bonding with their father and their uncle who were the same person. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

9:19am Thu 3 Jan 13

Big Bad Wolf says...

deathwatch wrote:
Digeorge wrote:
Ludicrous!

"law abiding animal abusers".

Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else.

Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.
..."We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else...". Not much love for the fox, eh? Chased, terrified, to the point of exhaustion, then torn to pieces by a pack of dogs, without dignity or honour, whilst braying toffs cheer each other on enjoying the spectacle... A family history of continuing this disgusting and archaic form of animal abuse demonstrates a family ingrained (and inbred) in violent abuse, choosing to paper over it by labelling it 'noble tradition'. The vermin here are the scum riding the horses, sipping champagne from the back of their top end Range Rovers, "celebrating" the fact that they've just tortured an animal and encouraged dogs to rip it to pieces. For "fun"...
You obviously see yourself as a hero Deathwatch, the lord protector of the vulnerable..... But you are just a cowardly thug.
Don't suppose you will show your face if you are carrying out the attacks you speak about.
I believe that it is also illegal to obscure your face at a protest meeting but the sabs seem to get away with it....
[quote][p][bold]deathwatch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Digeorge[/bold] wrote: Ludicrous! "law abiding animal abusers". Just to add that two of my uncles were MFH's in Cumbria and are not animal abusers, neither was my father or us! We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else. Just for point of article, we used to Hunt with the Sinnington, the oldest hunt in England.[/p][/quote]..."We love our dogs, horses, cats etc just like anybody else...". Not much love for the fox, eh? Chased, terrified, to the point of exhaustion, then torn to pieces by a pack of dogs, without dignity or honour, whilst braying toffs cheer each other on enjoying the spectacle... A family history of continuing this disgusting and archaic form of animal abuse demonstrates a family ingrained (and inbred) in violent abuse, choosing to paper over it by labelling it 'noble tradition'. The vermin here are the scum riding the horses, sipping champagne from the back of their top end Range Rovers, "celebrating" the fact that they've just tortured an animal and encouraged dogs to rip it to pieces. For "fun"...[/p][/quote]You obviously see yourself as a hero Deathwatch, the lord protector of the vulnerable..... But you are just a cowardly thug. Don't suppose you will show your face if you are carrying out the attacks you speak about. I believe that it is also illegal to obscure your face at a protest meeting but the sabs seem to get away with it.... Big Bad Wolf
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Thu 3 Jan 13

Digeorge says...

Actually DiGeorge doesn't 'partake' in the sport and hasn't done for many years because I don't happen to have a horse and it is out of town.

Now turning to 'missing biology' lessons, I assure you that my qualifications (quite a number) also include A'level Biology and yourselves probably not a GCSE or GCE o'level in sight.

So whether I partake in the sport, or whether they partake in that is up to them and them alone providing it is within the law. I wouldn't force my opinion on them or them on me and certainly wouldn't last very long in a house at dinner if I disagreed.

As for their own hunts, it was held on their own land or land that they have been given permission to go on. No they don't have Range Rovers or champagne and clearly don't know what an MFH is! Show's the ignorance of the lot of it really.
Actually DiGeorge doesn't 'partake' in the sport and hasn't done for many years because I don't happen to have a horse and it is out of town. Now turning to 'missing biology' lessons, I assure you that my qualifications (quite a number) also include A'level Biology and yourselves probably not a GCSE or GCE o'level in sight. So whether I partake in the sport, or whether they partake in that is up to them and them alone providing it is within the law. I wouldn't force my opinion on them or them on me and certainly wouldn't last very long in a house at dinner if I disagreed. As for their own hunts, it was held on their own land or land that they have been given permission to go on. No they don't have Range Rovers or champagne and clearly don't know what an MFH is! Show's the ignorance of the lot of it really. Digeorge
  • Score: 0

6:25pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

well twotone you think its funny

no, all you have done is to show you are no better then those who you call scum that assaulted your wife.. so who is the hypocrite??

you obviously think I,m a liar so be it.
make another joke about what I said,, I know its true. but to ridicule in the way you have, with the fact you are a pickering councillor and should know better is just pathetic.. and your on the panel for staff grievance,, god help them,, basil bush would do a better job.. (boom boom) goodnight.
well twotone you think its funny no, all you have done is to show you are no better then those who you call scum that assaulted your wife.. so who is the hypocrite?? you obviously think I,m a liar so be it. make another joke about what I said,, I know its true. but to ridicule in the way you have, with the fact you are a pickering councillor and should know better is just pathetic.. and your on the panel for staff grievance,, god help them,, basil bush would do a better job.. (boom boom) goodnight. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

7:15pm Thu 3 Jan 13

Paul Meoff says...

baileyuk wrote:
well twotone you think its funny

no, all you have done is to show you are no better then those who you call scum that assaulted your wife.. so who is the hypocrite??

you obviously think I,m a liar so be it.
make another joke about what I said,, I know its true. but to ridicule in the way you have, with the fact you are a pickering councillor and should know better is just pathetic.. and your on the panel for staff grievance,, god help them,, basil bush would do a better job.. (boom boom) goodnight.
Thought for a minute you meant Basil Brush. He must have been torn apart by the animal cruelty specialist in red coats and been replaced by Basil Bush.
[quote][p][bold]baileyuk[/bold] wrote: well twotone you think its funny no, all you have done is to show you are no better then those who you call scum that assaulted your wife.. so who is the hypocrite?? you obviously think I,m a liar so be it. make another joke about what I said,, I know its true. but to ridicule in the way you have, with the fact you are a pickering councillor and should know better is just pathetic.. and your on the panel for staff grievance,, god help them,, basil bush would do a better job.. (boom boom) goodnight.[/p][/quote]Thought for a minute you meant Basil Brush. He must have been torn apart by the animal cruelty specialist in red coats and been replaced by Basil Bush. Paul Meoff
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

the animal cruelty specialist in red coats?,

is that one person wearing several coats?

if your going to point out simple mistakes in grammar or spelling then at least make sure your reply is also without any mistakes..
the animal cruelty specialist in red coats?, is that one person wearing several coats? if your going to point out simple mistakes in grammar or spelling then at least make sure your reply is also without any mistakes.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Thu 3 Jan 13

countrylove says...

yes i agree bailey and digeorge. tommy woodward shud be more careful how he behaves online. him swearing and abusing any one that disagrees isnt a good start for someone in his role. if any one objects to the sugestion that they are a toff or inbred his contact details are on the pickering council website im sure he wont mind u taking it up with him in person as he represents the ppl. lets just hope no one on the pro side of the fence dont take up deathwatches sugestion.
yes i agree bailey and digeorge. tommy woodward shud be more careful how he behaves online. him swearing and abusing any one that disagrees isnt a good start for someone in his role. if any one objects to the sugestion that they are a toff or inbred his contact details are on the pickering council website im sure he wont mind u taking it up with him in person as he represents the ppl. lets just hope no one on the pro side of the fence dont take up deathwatches sugestion. countrylove
  • Score: 0

8:01pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

tbh i,m not offended by the toff remarks but his ridicule of telling me to get back to the Midlands and the accusation of me being a liar after speaking of an event that did cause me some problems for a while.

I still work in food processing plants today and entering a building in similar circumstances still makes me a little nervous at times..

As I,m sure his wife may have felt the same after her assault but not one of the the so called in bred scum lowered themselves to take the urine out of her.

as for contacting Pickering council and taking him up on it,, time will tell. but from his last episode where a farmer asked for an apology after Tommy Woodward was alleged to have abused his council position, twotone could,nt even say the simple words..

anyone interested have a search for tommy woodward in the press archives..

I would like to think that fellow councillors of pickering are reading Tommys comments and coming to their own conclussion of the type of person they work with. again time will tell i suppose.
tbh i,m not offended by the toff remarks but his ridicule of telling me to get back to the Midlands and the accusation of me being a liar after speaking of an event that did cause me some problems for a while. I still work in food processing plants today and entering a building in similar circumstances still makes me a little nervous at times.. As I,m sure his wife may have felt the same after her assault but not one of the the so called in bred scum lowered themselves to take the urine out of her. as for contacting Pickering council and taking him up on it,, time will tell. but from his last episode where a farmer asked for an apology after Tommy Woodward was alleged to have abused his council position, twotone could,nt even say the simple words.. anyone interested have a search for tommy woodward in the press archives.. I would like to think that fellow councillors of pickering are reading Tommys comments and coming to their own conclussion of the type of person they work with. again time will tell i suppose. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

8:27pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

you obviously cant read yourself fella!

re read your own post! surely that should read

"the animal cruelty specialists in red coats"

ie several people hunting all in red coats, instead of what you wrote which was

"animal cruelty specialist in red coats.."

one person wearing several coats..

so if i,m the proper **** as you say, congratulation you beat me to first prize.
you obviously cant read yourself fella! re read your own post! surely that should read "the animal cruelty specialists in red coats" ie several people hunting all in red coats, instead of what you wrote which was "animal cruelty specialist in red coats.." one person wearing several coats.. so if i,m the proper **** as you say, congratulation you beat me to first prize. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

9:51pm Thu 3 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

My contact details are also on the RDC website, because I'm not afraid to stand in public for what I believe in. You should try it all of you, although you're probably too busy breaking the law, or supporting those that do.
My contact details are also on the RDC website, because I'm not afraid to stand in public for what I believe in. You should try it all of you, although you're probably too busy breaking the law, or supporting those that do. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Thu 3 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

I really don't understand why people on here have to make personal and insulting remarks to and about others, although some of them can be amusing I must admit. However other comments are just completely unnecessary from people who are adults.

The fact remains that hunting with dogs is illegal and it appears that, despite this fact, some people are choosing to pursue this so called sport. In my opinion this is absolutely wrong and I consider people who derive pleasure from participating or from witnessing animals being killed to not be nice people. Surely intelligent people can show some empathy and think how the animal must feel whilst being pursued and then whilst being ripped to pieces - but perhaps I am being naive and just trying to see the good in people.
I really don't understand why people on here have to make personal and insulting remarks to and about others, although some of them can be amusing I must admit. However other comments are just completely unnecessary from people who are adults. The fact remains that hunting with dogs is illegal and it appears that, despite this fact, some people are choosing to pursue this so called sport. In my opinion this is absolutely wrong and I consider people who derive pleasure from participating or from witnessing animals being killed to not be nice people. Surely intelligent people can show some empathy and think how the animal must feel whilst being pursued and then whilst being ripped to pieces - but perhaps I am being naive and just trying to see the good in people. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

10:05pm Thu 3 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

Further to my most recent post, I imagine that many of the supporters of hunting have children and also pets and I would hope that those children/pets are loved dearly. If so, how would you feel if those animals were chased to the point of exhaustion and then viciously attacked?

I know I won't convert anyone just by my comments but if anyone would just THINK about what I'm saying then I am sure that if they are decent people they will realise I am speaking sense.

As someone else pointed out earlier, just because something is a tradition does not make it right. Slavery went on for a long time but it wasn't right. We had bear pits in the UK (my mum remembers these from her childhood so it wasn't all that long ago). We don't have these now because we are more sophisticated in general and because we (hopefully) value animals and acknowledge that they have rights too.

I sincerely hope we continue to make progress in the right way and I am glad that others feel the same way I do.

(Incidentally I also value humans, as well as animals, and although I know I can't change the world, I am prepared to try to do my little bit to make it a slightly better place and if others would do that too - I do know that many people do - then things would definitively improve.)
Further to my most recent post, I imagine that many of the supporters of hunting have children and also pets and I would hope that those children/pets are loved dearly. If so, how would you feel if those animals were chased to the point of exhaustion and then viciously attacked? I know I won't convert anyone just by my comments but if anyone would just THINK about what I'm saying then I am sure that if they are decent people they will realise I am speaking sense. As someone else pointed out earlier, just because something is a tradition does not make it right. Slavery went on for a long time but it wasn't right. We had bear pits in the UK (my mum remembers these from her childhood so it wasn't all that long ago). We don't have these now because we are more sophisticated in general and because we (hopefully) value animals and acknowledge that they have rights too. I sincerely hope we continue to make progress in the right way and I am glad that others feel the same way I do. (Incidentally I also value humans, as well as animals, and although I know I can't change the world, I am prepared to try to do my little bit to make it a slightly better place and if others would do that too - I do know that many people do - then things would definitively improve.) Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

10:08pm Thu 3 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

PS Well done twotonethomas and all the other people who are prepared to stand up for what they believe in.
PS Well done twotonethomas and all the other people who are prepared to stand up for what they believe in. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

10:30pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

Kathy I fully respect your views, as you say you dont eat meat either and stand by your own views.

The law as it is is not as clear as it appears and this is very confusing for both sides. it either needs banning completely or not. Either way I will carry on and keep within the law.

I do however find it ironic that alot of comments aimed at hunters from folk who will go home and eat fast food/cheap supermarket food without any knowledge of where that food comes from or how that food was produced.

You may find this strange but I am a member of a whale and dolphin conservation society and see how many of these animals are caught within commercial fishing processes.

Alot will now accuse me of being a hyprocrite, however I see the fox as vermin, similar to a rat ect but alot of people commenting would not bat an eye lid at a rat being killed.

I really do hope the law gets the attention it deserves, but I do believe that hunting will carry on..
Kathy I fully respect your views, as you say you dont eat meat either and stand by your own views. The law as it is is not as clear as it appears and this is very confusing for both sides. it either needs banning completely or not. Either way I will carry on and keep within the law. I do however find it ironic that alot of comments aimed at hunters from folk who will go home and eat fast food/cheap supermarket food without any knowledge of where that food comes from or how that food was produced. You may find this strange but I am a member of a whale and dolphin conservation society and see how many of these animals are caught within commercial fishing processes. Alot will now accuse me of being a hyprocrite, however I see the fox as vermin, similar to a rat ect but alot of people commenting would not bat an eye lid at a rat being killed. I really do hope the law gets the attention it deserves, but I do believe that hunting will carry on.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

10:39pm Thu 3 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

as for twotone I also respected the fact he stood up for what he believed in!

However calling people drunk, slow, thick even inbred is not what I would expect from a councillor just because someone elses views are different from my own..


As Im standing up for what I believe in I would like the same respect from the anti hunt. Up until twotones accusation of me being a liar I have not insulted anyone and hopefully took part in a discussion in a decent way.
as for twotone I also respected the fact he stood up for what he believed in! However calling people drunk, slow, thick even inbred is not what I would expect from a councillor just because someone elses views are different from my own.. As Im standing up for what I believe in I would like the same respect from the anti hunt. Up until twotones accusation of me being a liar I have not insulted anyone and hopefully took part in a discussion in a decent way. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

11:18pm Thu 3 Jan 13

countrylove says...

no people like mrs honey and kathy are the brave ones. they can stand up for what they beleve in with out insulting ppl hurling abuse and sugesting ppl are inbred and stupid and toffs. where have they done that? tommy dont make urself out to be a saint when there r ppl here puting there point across in the decent way. the only thing U will have to stand up for is the insults that u chose to throw around in public. well done to kathy bailey and all other ppl who can focus on the views NOT just slag ppl off. they wud make FAR better councilors clearly.
no people like mrs honey and kathy are the brave ones. they can stand up for what they beleve in with out insulting ppl hurling abuse and sugesting ppl are inbred and stupid and toffs. where have they done that? tommy dont make urself out to be a saint when there r ppl here puting there point across in the decent way. the only thing U will have to stand up for is the insults that u chose to throw around in public. well done to kathy bailey and all other ppl who can focus on the views NOT just slag ppl off. they wud make FAR better councilors clearly. countrylove
  • Score: 0

8:08am Fri 4 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Oh dear you seem to have forgotten what you posted in some of your earlier rants, I assume that's what drink does for you.
Oh dear you seem to have forgotten what you posted in some of your earlier rants, I assume that's what drink does for you. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

11:25am Fri 4 Jan 13

Kathy 2010 says...

Thank you bailey for respecting my views. Unfortunately I can't respect yours in as much as I find the idea of killing a living creature abhorrent and I appreciate the fact that you are prepared to discuss the matter calmly. You say that you view a fox as vermin and say that a lot of people would not bad an eyelid at a rat being killed. I'm sad to say that I think you're right about the rat. My belief is that causing suffering is wrong so I would always hope that with any living creature the end would be brought about as swiftly and painlessly as possible.
I would also like to say that although I am totally opposed to hunting I do consider that hunting for food is a little different to hunting purely for enjoyment and, as stated previously, if an animal to be eaten is killed instantly by a gun then I am sure that is preferable to being killed in many abattoirs.
Thank you bailey for respecting my views. Unfortunately I can't respect yours in as much as I find the idea of killing a living creature abhorrent and I appreciate the fact that you are prepared to discuss the matter calmly. You say that you view a fox as vermin and say that a lot of people would not bad an eyelid at a rat being killed. I'm sad to say that I think you're right about the rat. My belief is that causing suffering is wrong so I would always hope that with any living creature the end would be brought about as swiftly and painlessly as possible. I would also like to say that although I am totally opposed to hunting I do consider that hunting for food is a little different to hunting purely for enjoyment and, as stated previously, if an animal to be eaten is killed instantly by a gun then I am sure that is preferable to being killed in many abattoirs. Kathy 2010
  • Score: 0

12:54pm Fri 4 Jan 13

countrylove says...

twotonethomas wrote:
Oh dear you seem to have forgotten what you posted in some of your earlier rants, I assume that's what drink does for you.
yeh i guess that means i wudnt be good in public office so thats why i wudnt put myself forward. u on the other hand r supposed to be A COUNCILOR yet u think its apropriate to come online and call any one who disagrees with u inbred or a bumpkin or drunk. im glad these articles stay as a record of how pickering councilors behave.
[quote][p][bold]twotonethomas[/bold] wrote: Oh dear you seem to have forgotten what you posted in some of your earlier rants, I assume that's what drink does for you.[/p][/quote]yeh i guess that means i wudnt be good in public office so thats why i wudnt put myself forward. u on the other hand r supposed to be A COUNCILOR yet u think its apropriate to come online and call any one who disagrees with u inbred or a bumpkin or drunk. im glad these articles stay as a record of how pickering councilors behave. countrylove
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Fri 4 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

You'd be excellent in public office, you could take advantage of the tax payer funded drink after meetings. Better be quick though as we've managed to get the budget for that cut to almost nil and I for one will keep fighting until it is nil.

As for this been kept on record, so what?
I've said nothing that I don't stand by.
You'd be excellent in public office, you could take advantage of the tax payer funded drink after meetings. Better be quick though as we've managed to get the budget for that cut to almost nil and I for one will keep fighting until it is nil. As for this been kept on record, so what? I've said nothing that I don't stand by. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Fri 4 Jan 13

countrylove says...

i cant spell big deal GET OVER IT!! so the pickering councilor tommy woodward says "Do we have someone who can translate drunken inbred bumpkin into English please?" i hope u do stand by that. ignore my argument just slag me off. such a mature respectable atitude for some one in ur position. as rural councilor call any one u dislike inbred and a bumpkin good call. perhaps u conduct urself like that at meetings to. hah u cudnt make this up!!
i cant spell big deal GET OVER IT!! so the pickering councilor tommy woodward says "Do we have someone who can translate drunken inbred bumpkin into English please?" i hope u do stand by that. ignore my argument just slag me off. such a mature respectable atitude for some one in ur position. as rural councilor call any one u dislike inbred and a bumpkin good call. perhaps u conduct urself like that at meetings to. hah u cudnt make this up!! countrylove
  • Score: 0

7:59pm Fri 4 Jan 13

countrylove says...

aww buba no one given u attention today? well hows about this. OH PAUL u have ofended me SO MUCH. hows that?
aww buba no one given u attention today? well hows about this. OH PAUL u have ofended me SO MUCH. hows that? countrylove
  • Score: 0

10:30am Sat 5 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

Kathy no problems I do understand where you are coming from.

pity several others could not partake in a discussion without verbal attacks and insults. behaviour is no better then those giving racist chants at football matches.. I do wonder what else I would be called if the colour of my own skin could be seen..

As you say hunting for food is different and something I do. I also have a small holding and produce my own meat, and veg, some fruit.. As I believe in knowing where my food comes from. What angers me is the folk who call me all sorts but have no knowledge of where their own food comes from. I have said I have several years experience in food manufacturing plants, UK and rest of Europe. and have seen worse things then a fox being killed and the result has gone onto to be sold in supermarkets, restaurants, fast food outlets ect.. Unless they are like you and twotone who don't eat meat products ect then they are just hyprocrites.
Kathy no problems I do understand where you are coming from. pity several others could not partake in a discussion without verbal attacks and insults. behaviour is no better then those giving racist chants at football matches.. I do wonder what else I would be called if the colour of my own skin could be seen.. As you say hunting for food is different and something I do. I also have a small holding and produce my own meat, and veg, some fruit.. As I believe in knowing where my food comes from. What angers me is the folk who call me all sorts but have no knowledge of where their own food comes from. I have said I have several years experience in food manufacturing plants, UK and rest of Europe. and have seen worse things then a fox being killed and the result has gone onto to be sold in supermarkets, restaurants, fast food outlets ect.. Unless they are like you and twotone who don't eat meat products ect then they are just hyprocrites. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

11:55am Sat 5 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Get real bailey.
Your argument is based on, if your against hunting then you have to live a vegan lifestyle or risk been called a vegan.

I have no problem with that argument so long as it is used both ways. If you agree with hunting you have to agree with killing anything in any way or you are a hypocrite.
Get real bailey. Your argument is based on, if your against hunting then you have to live a vegan lifestyle or risk been called a vegan. I have no problem with that argument so long as it is used both ways. If you agree with hunting you have to agree with killing anything in any way or you are a hypocrite. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Sat 5 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

thats where you are wrong, ive never killed or assaulted a human and there are plenty that have been in my way.

(awaiting your twist on this)

Ive never hunted anything thats near extinction, protected or otherwise.

My argument is not based on hunting as such its based on that so many people state its animal cruelty. yet alot of these people eat and use products that are produced from animals but they are ignorant of this fact.
thats where you are wrong, ive never killed or assaulted a human and there are plenty that have been in my way. (awaiting your twist on this) Ive never hunted anything thats near extinction, protected or otherwise. My argument is not based on hunting as such its based on that so many people state its animal cruelty. yet alot of these people eat and use products that are produced from animals but they are ignorant of this fact. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Sat 5 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Sorry I don't know what happened with that last post, It was meant to read, your argument is based on, if you're against hunting then you have to live a vegan lifestyle or risk been called a hypocrite.

That may have led to your response not making much sense to me but I still don't see where you can make out I've accused you of murder!
Sorry I don't know what happened with that last post, It was meant to read, your argument is based on, if you're against hunting then you have to live a vegan lifestyle or risk been called a hypocrite. That may have led to your response not making much sense to me but I still don't see where you can make out I've accused you of murder! twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Sat 5 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

you said,,I have to agree with killing anything in my way.. which i replied to saying humans have been in my way but ive not killed or assaulted any yet.


the other thing that i would like to point out is why with my thirst for hunting, I have and will be getting some more poultry stock and have also had 2 dogs from animal charities,, in all cases I have been open and told them but why as it not stopped them from allowing me to have these animals..
you said,,I have to agree with killing anything in my way.. which i replied to saying humans have been in my way but ive not killed or assaulted any yet. the other thing that i would like to point out is why with my thirst for hunting, I have and will be getting some more poultry stock and have also had 2 dogs from animal charities,, in all cases I have been open and told them but why as it not stopped them from allowing me to have these animals.. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Sat 5 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

Please re read my post bailey, I clearly said 'killing anything in any way'.

I could have said, using any method, if that makes it easier to understand.

My point been, that if someone has to be vegan to be against hunting, then someone for hunting has to be willing to accept badger baiting or bear bile farming.
Please re read my post bailey, I clearly said 'killing anything in any way'. I could have said, using any method, if that makes it easier to understand. My point been, that if someone has to be vegan to be against hunting, then someone for hunting has to be willing to accept badger baiting or bear bile farming. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

9:14pm Sat 5 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

As for the animal charities, you should ask them. I speak for myself, I aren't arrogant, stupid or clever enough to profess to speak for others.

Forgive me for putting this as a PS but I have a bet with someone that the new year hunt thread get to 100 comments before the boxing day hunt thread gets to 200 comments :)
As for the animal charities, you should ask them. I speak for myself, I aren't arrogant, stupid or clever enough to profess to speak for others. Forgive me for putting this as a PS but I have a bet with someone that the new year hunt thread get to 100 comments before the boxing day hunt thread gets to 200 comments :) twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

9:18pm Sat 5 Jan 13

twotonethomas says...

It is a comment I made bailey, but it was aimed at the drunk and the guy I mentioned who didn't seem to realise that chicken and fish were animals.
It is a comment I made bailey, but it was aimed at the drunk and the guy I mentioned who didn't seem to realise that chicken and fish were animals. twotonethomas
  • Score: 0

9:30pm Sat 5 Jan 13

baileyuk says...

i have mis read your other post which will be where the confusion is,, my apologies..

i think its time to leave things where they are,, if only to stop you winning a bet?

I wont change i will continue to hunt within the law and believe it will never get totally banned, the ban as it is, does not work for either side and is too confusing for both, i think eventually this current law will be scrapped but replaced with one that will have stricter guidelines and time limits and probably reduce the number of hunts up and down the UK. but still allowing hunting to continue.

But i respect you wont change and will want the opposite.
i have mis read your other post which will be where the confusion is,, my apologies.. i think its time to leave things where they are,, if only to stop you winning a bet? I wont change i will continue to hunt within the law and believe it will never get totally banned, the ban as it is, does not work for either side and is too confusing for both, i think eventually this current law will be scrapped but replaced with one that will have stricter guidelines and time limits and probably reduce the number of hunts up and down the UK. but still allowing hunting to continue. But i respect you wont change and will want the opposite. baileyuk
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree