Bus evacuated after catching fire on Scotchman Lane

A recovery worker clears debris at the scene of last night’s fire

The interior of the gutted single-deck vehicle

First published in News York Press: Photograph of the Author by

PASSENGERS were evacuated from a burning bus last night near York.

Firefighters were called to Scotchman Lane, which joins the A64 and Flaxton, shortly after 6.30pm.

Police directed traffic at the scene as fire crews tackled the flames.

No-one was injured and passengers were evacuated safely from the single-deck vehicle, which was completely gutted.

A fire service spokesman said the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.

Zoe Dodsworth, a waitress in Tykes Restaurant at Sandburn Hall Golf Club, said the flames from the blaze were visible from the restaurant.

 

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree